Simple Tube Lights for DRL & Turn Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90PROFX

Reaction score
R&D attempt at installing these silicone tube DRL's & Turn on my 2011 Tahoe. Test fitting on a junk
headlight housing that I cut the lens cover off to get all the location right before opening up the
real housings and drilling holes. I'm actually using these as a test, they'll be replaced with another
set of silicone tube signal lights but they'll be sequential turn signals (Flowing light). I'll post
update progress as it's made so bare with me as parts are on order.....................

Silicone tube DRL & Turn "OFF":

DRL on:

Turn signal "ON", DRL "OFF":

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's the problem with any light that's sealed inside a headlight housing; what if it burns out. Every headlight I've ever owned ,even my retrofits and afternarket ones with LED's have replaceable bulbs. The only ones that weren't were halos but if they quit you could just unplug them and the headlights and turns still worked.

OP
OP
90PROFX

90PROFX

Reaction score
Project on "HOLD" till I rethink this a little more as you've all made some valid points here. I have a spare set of headlight buckets that "might" be a candidate for this. That way if the LED tubes go out I can switch back to my other headlights........to be continued.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Project on "HOLD" till I rethink this a little more as you've all made some valid points here. I have a spare set of headlight buckets that "might" be a candidate for this. That way if the LED tubes go out I can switch back to my other headlights........to be continued.
That sounds like a good plan. Keep us updated.

OP
OP
90PROFX

90PROFX

Reaction score
So did I, I loved the look of where this was going but the pain and hassle of pulling both headlights and uncorking the lens more than once makes me real gun shy. Think I'll just stick with the "Switchback-DRL" mod and be happy with that. Sorry.............:mfr_closed1:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's not talking about removing the lenses more than once, the plan is to do it one time but have a spare set of headlights so if they go out he can swap the stock set back in. I would imagine the experiment would be over at that point.