Hello! And looking for ideas about an issue...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

Tyler777

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for that! I was home this weekend for a short time and was able to take a look at it. In all I have mentioned here and what you all have said, as well as others I have told about it - it's beginning to really sound like a ground. I am going to look up a diagram that might tell me all the grounds for everything and go through and check those out. I know where 2 or 3 of them are so I feel like I will start with those.

Bill Barnes

Reaction score
you may have more than 1 issue going on, I would have the cluster replaced or looked at by a person that repairs them usually you can find them locally on craigslist or something, look for someone that pretty much does it for a living or good sidemoney, there are some clowns that do not have any business inside a cluster.
after that is addressed, then get a scanner that can read ABS and scan it while the lights are lit up to confirm the issue, if it happens on a turn it could be a hub or the module or both.
the cluster should not be dim or bright or go on/off because of any resistor on your truck, that would be a short in the cluster.

I had the cluster on my 2005 Yukon XL rebuilt by Fred Burge at drspeedometer. com. He replaces all of the micro-stepper motors, regardless of which gauges have failed. He offers a lifetime warranty in the flat rate he charges for the rebuild. He also offers options, such as changing to a white gauge face background, converting the lamps to LED, and adding the transmission temperature gauge. Your truck should already have the sensor and wiring in place. His current price for the rebuild is $189. He has a great website with all the info you need.

Bill Barnes

Reaction score
Wow! Thanks for all this great information! This is giving me some good places to look. I had no idea about those connections underneath. Also I do need to look into that cluster, I believe the stepper motor for the oil pressure sometimes has a fit - it likes to erratically move every now and then and get stuck when I shut the ignition off.

Here is the codes from the ABS that I am getting: C0281, C0265, C0245, C0251, C0246,C0252, C0242, and C0241.

The first two codes are the only different ones C0281 is a stop lamp switch circuit, and C0265 is a solenoid control monitor error. The other ones all say the same thing - EBCM Control Valve Circuit.

Yes, my oil gauge was the first to fail as well. See my post re. drspeedometer.com. Your other microstepper motors are going to fail at some point.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the cluster on my 2005 Yukon XL rebuilt by Fred Burge at drspeedometer. com. He replaces all of the micro-stepper motors, regardless of which gauges have failed. He offers a lifetime warranty in the flat rate he charges for the rebuild. He also offers options, such as changing to a white gauge face background, converting the lamps to LED, and adding the transmission temperature gauge. Your truck should already have the sensor and wiring in place. His current price for the rebuild is $189. He has a great website with all the info you need.
While I agree a new / rebuilt cluster would be good, especially to include a trans temp gauge (I did this myself very soon after purchasing my ‘03 Yukon), I believe the 2001 clusters have some differences that may impact the price and possibly whether the trans temp is plug & play or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec