Setup Questions - Help appreciated!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks in advance.

I'm currently running some stock 16" wheels with 275/75 nitro Terra grapplers on my 2002 Tahoe. I'm in need of new shocks but have a limited budget. I'm about to graduate college and go to grad school. Had the Tahoe since 08 and just trying to get as much life out of it as I can. Anyway, here's my questions:

What's a set of 4 decent quality shocks that offer light off road performance?
Also, I'm planning on cranking the torsion bars to level and adding 1.5" spacers in the back to complete the level. Is it ok to keep stock keys?
Besides shocks and spacers, is there anything else I'd need aside from an alignment?

Keep in mind, I'm not trying to jack the Tahoe up high, just level it. Also, its definitely a low budget build. I pay for everything except for my course costs (scholarships ftw!) So keep a budget in mind with the shocks.

Thanks guys!

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm running Monroe front shocks and hate them lol. Don't buy them. Bilstein 5100's will be my next shock

OP
OP
GulfCoastTahoe
Reaction score
Haha that helps. I've heard bilsteins are great, just pricey.

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

And if I'm wanting the level, what size shocks?

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
Stock size shocks work great. With a Level kit. I would get the Pro comp 2" Lit though. It comes with Keys and Shock adapters you can also get it with rear Spacers. Bilstins arent that bad just got to look for a sale or good price and check around if you get Bilstins get the 5100s Ranch RS9000s arent to shaby either

OP
OP
GulfCoastTahoe
Reaction score
I'd do that, but my shocks are absolutely shot. They've got old bilsteins on them (4600's). But the Tahoe used to be a police pursuit vehicle so they're worn out.I like the level because I don't have the money to upgrade to large enough tires

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
5100s cost $315, lift keys cost $50, and spacers cost $40. So none of it is really expensive, roughly $400 for a decent level kit lift with great shocks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AEHaas