Service Stabilitrak all of a sudden?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spiritman

Reaction score
This weekend, I was doing some rear suspension work on my '11 Denali. The plan was to replace my rear sway bar bushings, rear sway bar links, and a pair of maXpeedingrods rear shocks. The bushing and links were a breeze. I unplugged the 2 connectors on the shock. I realized my stock struts weren't bad at all. In fact, they didn't need to be replaced at all. Well, I put my stock shock back in. I go to turn on my truck and all of a sudden...the service stabilitrak and traction control messages pop up! I disconnected the negative battery cable for about 10 mins. It's still there. What could have happened in the process that I missed? Those were the only 2 wires I disconnected in the rear.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you go back and ensure that the two plugs were re-connected with good contact connection?

Other folks with more specific knowledge than me will chime in with their perspectives and recommendations.

OP
OP
spiritman

spiritman

Reaction score
Did you go back and ensure that the two plugs were re-connected with good contact connection?

Other folks with more specific knowledge than me will chime in with their perspectives and recommendations.
As much as I could. I'll give that a try. I'm a bit frustrated at the moment.

Costal_Cat

Reaction score
Check your ABS sensor connections along the frame rail. They tend to get bumped and come loose when replacing the rear shocks upper bolt, particularly on the drivers side.

I have done this myself after I replaced the shocks in the rear. I want back in to check the upper shock bolt and knocked the plug. Felt sure I had not but low and behold I had.... plugged back in and all the messages when away

OP
OP
spiritman

spiritman

Reaction score
I unplugged the connector at the top of the shock. I don’t think I’m sure what the abs sensor in the rear looks like. I tried to wiggle the cord coming the back of the caliper. Nothing was loose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
spiritman

spiritman

Reaction score
Still flashing is service stability track and service traction control. [emoji36]

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still flashing is service stability track and service traction control. [emoji36]

There is a harness connection on top of the frame rail almost directly in line with the upper bolt for the driver side. I circled it in red.

7C4846B7-3851-4F8D-B80D-953A9ACC9B88.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9