Service Safety Restraint System error

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tomgilk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is going in for the service safety restraint system Friday morning. Popped up at 1100 miles. They also have a recall on some sort of brake fuse thing, getting that knocked out at the same time as well as having the sunroof drain system looked at.

PauliePucks

Reaction score
Mine is going in for the service safety restraint system Friday morning. Popped up at 1100 miles. They also have a recall on some sort of brake fuse thing, getting that knocked out at the same time as well as having the sunroof drain system looked at.
I took my XL SLT in last week for BSCM recall and oddly enough we got the SRS error at 1600 miles, and a day before it went into the dealer for recall. When the dealer looked up the VIN, there was a new recall that came up that addresses the service restraint system error.

I left my Yukon for the recalls to be done. The dealer called me an hour later to tell me the BSCM update was done but that they needed to order the harness kit that is now available for the service restraint system recall.

anyone else get this info? I even provided the TSB and the fixes that I located on this forum and the advisor told me GM will only authorize this specific harness to remedy the recall. Strange.....

tomgilk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just dropped it off. We'll see what weirdness awaits.

Paul Z

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update- no recurrence if the problem after several hundred miles and a few weeks. Seems like replacing the connector in the steering wheel was the issue for me. I hope the relative quiet on the forum means that others have found a resolution.

Any more issues?

My 2020 Trail Boss, purchased new on 11/8/20, has had the same issue from day one. The clock spring was replaced on the first attempt and worked without issue for 4-5 days. On the second attempt, they simply disassembled and reassembled everything from the first attempt. No issues for 24 hours. It is currently in the shop for attempt 3. This moring, they told me they'd be working with GM techs and determined the airbag needed to be replaced. Seems like a shot in the dark but we'll see.

James Mill

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I went through something similar with my Silverado and the piece that finally worked, thus far, was replacing the airbag connector in the steering wheel. I had to clock spring replaced twice.

tomgilk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well apparently the part is hard to get, had some other small issues addressed but this still isn't resolved.

James Mill

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ugh. That’s frustrating, and especially on a new vehicle. It took two weeks to get mine.

Bthnc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How long does the repair for this generally take? I need to wait at the dealer or figure something some transportation assuming they won’t have a loaner. I was thinking it would be a quick thing but after reading this thread, I’m not so sure.

Paul Z

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How long does the repair for this generally take? I need to wait at the dealer or figure something some transportation assuming they won’t have a loaner. I was thinking it would be a quick thing but after reading this thread, I’m not so sure.

In my experience, you're going to want to leave the vehicle and find other transportation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA