Selling my '04 2500 XL -- Help me price it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would you mind posting some interior photos of the front seat, second row, third row, and cargo area? Would like to understand overall interior condition outside of the ripped seat you mentioned. Any issues with the paint that aren't apparent in the photos you posted?

Thanks!

edited to add: are those pictures from when you bought it in 2018? If so, do you have any recent exterior photos?

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would have sold like hot cakes at IHOP in NY where I am!

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or even here in Denver.. for 11k!..

Theres a 05 2500 Avalanche for sale locally.. 18k!!!

You could always let the nationwide market decide, and sell it on eBay..

Edit: Put a Realistic Buy It Now price thats 1500 over what you WANT, and see what happens.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just for Reference.. Heres a 2001, thats very similar to yours.. But your has the better electronics, and likely the drivers seat is in better shape! And yours is 4x4, this one isnt..

OP
OP
Bart Hinder

Bart Hinder

Reaction score
Would you mind posting some interior photos of the front seat, second row, third row, and cargo area? Would like to understand overall interior condition outside of the ripped seat you mentioned. Any issues with the paint that aren't apparent in the photos you posted?

Thanks!

edited to add: are those pictures from when you bought it in 2018? If so, do you have any recent exterior photos?
Sure, happy to do that. I need to run it though the car wash and retrieve the 3rd from the barn.

Also:
Pioneer AVH-W4400NEX In Dash Multimedia Receiver with 7" Touchscreen Display (Android Auto and Apple CarPlay):

Still have the factory stereo.

OP
OP
Bart Hinder

Bart Hinder

Reaction score
So the backstory, if anyone's interested:

We had a 2003 Tahoe (the Dog Hauler) that Spousal Unit absolutely loved and didn't want to part with. Meanwhile I bought a Kubota SVL-65 skid steer for my eventual retirement gig, and needed a way to tow it. I wanted a pickup, so the XL 2500 was a compromise.

For her retirement gift earlier this year I bought her a an Acadia AT4. Now we plan to buy a 5th wheel camper for travel (and tow the Kubota), and now I'm waiting for my 2500 HD to be delivered.

Thanks again for all the input, guys.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Pics of whole inside, including seats, pics of engine compartment, pics of frame because in the two areas there should be no rust but in Pueblo, Co. do they use salt on the roads?

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Colorado has been a salt free state for many years. 2 years ago they did start using a different mix, that I dont know what it is.

But it sounds like he bought it before that.

5x10

Reaction score
I’ve got a 05 Escalade and my 14 yr old loves it (she’s a great driver, I let her drive it with me everywhere)

I want to keep the Escalade and get her one of these
and I’m right down the road in new braunfels

Fjs0001

Reaction score
I looked at one 3 years ago at a used car dealership. It was a bare bones model that was ragged out and they wanted $12k. With today's crazy prices, I think you should list it for $12k and see what type of offers you get.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz