Running woes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Th8nos

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 95 2dr tahoe that I've upgraded with a 2000 escalade. Everything from engine/trans, ecm, bcm, harness, dash and steering column/wheel. Now i can't get it to crank unless I jump the starter relay. Nothing from the key except a click from the tccm and thats it. Can someone help me out here I think I bit off more than I can chew and I want to at least drive it for my bday by the end of the month.

doc5339

Reaction score
Forgive the suggestion if you have already tried this, but have you tested the 12v battery? Sometimes a 12v at the end of its life causes odd warning lights. Anyhow, if you have not already test the 12v battery, then the alternator, then the starter.

I might be oversimplifying things, but it's often good to start simple. Keep calm and wrench on.

OP
OP
T

Th8nos

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Forgive the suggestion if you have already tried this, but have you tested the 12v battery? Sometimes a 12v at the end of its life causes odd warning lights. Anyhow, if you have not already test the 12v battery, then the alternator, then the starter.

I might be oversimplifying things, but it's often good to start simple. Keep calm and wrench on.
Thanks doc5339. I've replaced all three before I dropped it in the Tahoe. The dlc says no communication turn on ignition

Eman85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd start at the ignition switch. At first when you said no crank I would have guessed NS switch but if no communication then I'd check for power in and out at the ignition switch.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum, and others will also chime in.

OP
OP
T

Th8nos

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is the swapped system loaded with security roadblocks? Chip in key?
It's a non chipped key ignition but it does have the pass lock. The magnetic piece on the key tumbler. The security light does stay on. What is strange is that during the swap I've left everything connected except when I unplugged the ecm and bulkhead connector.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
It's a non chipped key ignition but it does have the pass lock. The magnetic piece on the key tumbler. The security light does stay on. What is strange is that during the swap I've left everything connected except when I unplugged the ecm and bulkhead connector.
Are you sure the swapped system was starting fine in old rig.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71