Tahoe Limited crank no start.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shane Schutte

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2000 Tahoe Limited 5.7l, Auto.

Battery died, so I tried to replace the battery. However, old aftermarket alarm system is going nuts. I haven't had a fob for years.

Remove aftermarket system, splice the starter wire that had a relay for system interruption. Successfully replaced the battery, and now the car will crank, but no start. No noise from the fuel pump motor, so I assumeI don't have fuel. Checked fuel pump relay. And is good.

Car ran well before the dead battery.

Only thing of note, is the Security light on the dash is illuminated.

Is this a Passlock issue?

Hoesgottaeat2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It could be that the Passlock needs to be reset. Have you checked the owner's manual for a reset procedure? I ran into this a couple of times after a dead battery on my uncles Colorado, early 2000's model. The crank/no start is different than what I experienced however.

OP
OP
S

Shane Schutte

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It could be that the Passlock needs to be reset. Have you checked the owner's manual for a reset procedure? I ran into this a couple of times after a dead battery on my uncles Colorado, early 2000's model. The crank/no start is different than what I experienced however.
Tried the ten minute wait in the on position. Did not change my situation.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope you have the removed alarm components. You will need to study the anti-theft wiring diagram to verify you did not remove too much, or that the installers didn't cut and wire in something still needed.
Good luck! Many of the aftermarket alarms(most?all?)color codes do not match factory wiring. We will help as much as possible via keyboards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts