Running speaker wire through doors on 07 suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lee.solorzano

Reaction score
Any idea how to run new speaker wire through the doors. With out messing up door wiring plugs please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am wondering why you want to run speaker wires through your doors, as they should already be there. Did the original speaker wires get damaged?

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pull the harness out of the body and push it through. This is one of the easiest vehicles to get wires in the door.

OP
OP
lee.solorzano

lee.solorzano

Reaction score
Pull the harness out of the body and push it through. This is one of the easiest vehicles to get wires in the door.
Not on 07. There’s a plug at the door

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Using after market amp for doors.

Just use the factory wiring, you will never notice a difference between the factory wire and something slightly larger than factory wire
you will spend all that time and effort for no gain that you will ever hear. ask how I know

OP
OP
lee.solorzano

lee.solorzano

Reaction score
Just use the factory wiring, you will never notice a difference between the factory wire and something slightly larger than factory wire
you will spend all that time and effort for no gain that you will ever hear. ask how I know
I trying to figure how

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I trying to figure how

ok lets put it this way factory speaker wire is good for about 400 watts to the speaker, unless you are running some serious power and serious upgraded speakers just keep it simple and use the factory harness.
all you have to do is run wires from your amp output to the headunit harness in the dash (all the factory speakers wire are there), generally you want to run the amp power wires down the left side of the truck and amp output wires down the right side of the truck, this prevents hum & interference.

OP
OP
lee.solorzano

lee.solorzano

Reaction score
ok lets put it this way factory speaker wire is good for about 400 watts to the speaker, unless you are running some serious power and serious upgraded speakers just keep it simple and use the factory harness.
all you have to do is run wires from your amp output to the headunit harness in the dash (all the factory speakers wire are there), generally you want to run the amp power wires down the left side of the truck and amp output wires down the right side of the truck, this prevents hum & interference.
I did that but the factory amp not letting sound good

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RanchoTexas