Running speaker wire through doors on 07 suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just read that again, lol you are not making any sense I assume you meant factory wire?, pretty unlikely the factory wiring is causing any sound issue need more details

OP
OP
lee.solorzano

lee.solorzano

Reaction score
I just read that again, lol you are not making any sense I assume you meant factory wire?, pretty unlikely the factory wiring is causing any sound issue need more details
I’m using a KENWOOD DVD player. All skar audio speakers and amps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m using a KENWOOD DVD player. All skar audio speakers and amps

Well then you shouldn't be having any problems if it is wired correctly and tuned, are you sure the polarity is correct to all speakers? are you using the headunit or amps for crossover control?
are they just 2 way speakers or components?

OP
OP
lee.solorzano

lee.solorzano

Reaction score
Well then you shouldn't be having any problems if it is wired correctly and tuned, are you sure the polarity is correct to all speakers? are you using the headunit or amps for crossover control?
are they just 2 way speakers or components?
Only the front doors and tweeters and the d pillers are working the 2 rear doors are off that y I wanted to run new speaker wires.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Just trying to understand.. you have the aftermarket amp connected to the OEM wires currently and the speakers aren’t sounding good, correct?

My only thought is that you have a bad ground. Where and how far is your grounding point?

As others have stated, the OEM wire should be good and really no need to bypass.

OP
OP
lee.solorzano

lee.solorzano

Reaction score
Just trying to understand.. you have the aftermarket amp connected to the OEM wires currently and the speakers aren’t sounding good, correct?

My only thought is that you have a bad ground. Where and how far is your grounding point?

As others have stated, the OEM wire should be good and really no need to bypass.
Let explain better. I have the KENWOOD head unit running the all the speakers I have not added the amps to it yet. I’m just trying to figure out what to do to connect to my amp. Then add the subs and the sub amp.

OP
OP
lee.solorzano

lee.solorzano

Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pikelk98