Rough idle part 3 with a Vengeance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let’s see if I got it:

A vehicle was bought that had a mistake on the title in regards to the mileage. The dealership isn’t helping but there is something called a surety bond that gives leverage over the dealership. On top of that, the rear brakes don’t work/never worked and it takes too long to stop sometimes and there is metal to metal contact on the rotors but it’s usually not an issue because of the use of regenerative braking due to it being a hybrid. The current issue appears to be related to an unknown fuel consumption issue.

If I missed any of the major points, I’m sorry. But I feel like we need Barbara Billingsly to reprise her role in airplane so she can translate jive-talk for us.

What about the rough idle part 3 with a Vengeance?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What about the rough idle part 3 with a Vengeance?

Other than this mention in the first post in this thread: "were back to rough idle", I see no other mention of this particular title inducing subject.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Other than this mention in the first post in this thread: "were back to rough idle", I see no other mention of this particular title inducing subject.

Just one more reason why I'm glad I'm not in CA. I really think he's out driving around while fading in and out of lucidity or even consciousness.

A few recent reasons for my suspicions:

(1) He said he's noticed more and more that he ends up stopping in the middle of the street. That's not something you just start to notice due to it happening so often. It happens once and you realize it and make a corrective action. In this case, you apply the brakes sooner and get that heap off the road before you have a collision. I'm picturing him spacing out while slowing to a stop and snapping back to reality as horns are honking cuz he rolled to the middle of an intersection.

(2) His story of the turn lane burnout and his Hybrid, yet again, saving the day. I can't help but to suspect that what may have actually happened was he faded out again, this time while turning, and began to drift into the lane that the Acura was in. The Acura driver saw him and punched it to get away. The Acura being front wheel drive and in a turn, the tires easily broke traction and squealed and the car understeered, sliding closer to Brent's Tahoe. The squealing tires abruptly woke Brent and he autonomously yanked on the wheel away from the sound, avoiding a side-swipe. Once realizing he had another spell while driving, he changed the story to the one he posted to comfort himself in his false reality that he documents on the forum.

(3) He can't control his throttle and, out of all other possible causes such as the impaired motor control of the right side of his body (see: "stroke") affecting his right foot, he blames the MAP sensor.

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just one more reason why I'm glad I'm not in CA. I really think he's out driving around while fading in and out of lucidity or even consciousness.

(1) He said he's noticed more and more that he ends up stopping in the middle of the street. That's not something you just start to notice due to it happening so often. It happens once and you realize it and make a corrective action. In this case, you apply the brakes sooner and get that heap off the road before you have a collision. I'm picturing him spacing out while slowing to a stop and snapping back to reality as horns are honking cuz he rolled to the middle of an intersection.

(2) His story of the turn lane burnout and his Hybrid, yet again, saving the day. I can't help but to suspect that what may have actually happened was he faded out again, this time while turning, and began to drift into the lane that the Acura was in. The Acura driver saw him and punched it to get away. The Acura being front wheel drive and in a turn, the tires easily broke traction and squealed and the car understeered, sliding closer to Brent's Tahoe. The squealing tires abruptly woke Brent and he autonomously yanked on the wheel away from the sound, avoiding a side-swipe. Once realizing he had another spell while driving, he changed the story to the one he posted to comfort himself in his false reality that he documents on the forum.

(3) He can't control his throttle and, out of all other possible causes such as the impaired motor control of the right side of his body (see: "stroke") affecting his right foot, he blames the MAP sensor.

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert

Such a sad truth/reality. I am a California native, This state in the 60's and 70's had some of the most beautiful land/oceans in our country! Live and let live. Now it is a haven for absolute "CRAZYS" people like this are everywhere out here and they are in a perpetual state of "SNAP MODE" on a forum, in a left turn lane, in the fast lane, They are f'ing everywhere! Three more years and my small family is getting the hell out of here! we will throw the license and plates out the window at the ca/nv state line and head east to find America!
I know this is totally off topic but this thread is 'WAKO JAKO' and it seemed fitting, The op is proof that mental health faciilities are desperately needed in America.

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Actually engine revving is typical as the Auxiliary Transmission pump does not have enough(or make enough) Pressure to keep the 1st and 2nd gear clutch engaged hence transmission slipping..

Auto STOP LAG hence engine runaway with cruse control with the faluty sensor

Yes the map sensor is faulty I still have it, it produces a P0069 and P0430 Code if you want to try it on your suv

Turned out to be a Poor battery connection..
(BAD design they updated on the 2010 model)

basically the 12Volt battery went flat 11.9volts with the engine off. after just a few seconds and 12.9-13.1volts with the engine running..

There was some petroleum jelly :manos: on the terminals
an Electrical insulator :slap:

The idle misfire :Grenade:is gone...
Auto Stop lag is gone Tested with both A/C units on..

it's reporting 12.9volts with a mutimeter now " engine off"

14.8-14.9 voltsDC with the engine running any RPM(High voltage DC to DC 185amp converter)

Accessory Power Module — The auxiliary fluid pump is mounted to the front of the transmission assembly. The pump is a 12-volt, 3-phase AC motor which is controlled directly by an Auxiliary Fluid Pump Control Module via the Hybrid Powertrain Control Module (HPCM). The function of the pump is to provide pressurized fluid for lube, cooling and clutch operation when the vehicle is being operated in electric or auto stop modes...

:yourself::rage: :Get him!:

20190904_184306.jpg 20190904_181640.jpg

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm returning the SUV anyways it was in a undisclosed accident
it had air bag deployment ..
I can see they swapped out the Air Bag Control module.

a legit professional shop would have NOT cut the carpet.. so it was a DIY job

. it's not the original one.. they cut up the carpet and the rear axle or something in the rear is bent(probably frame damage). causing the brake pad to drag...(it vibrates over 67mph and gets worse as the speed goes up)

it explains why the passenger side seat vibrates heavy as well(resonating from the vibration from the rear)................ they probably put cheap recalled airbags from takata. too

I have ankle problems (sprained them a bunch of times when I was a kid)so I do need to be able to use cruse control.. yesterday sucked i could barely walk normally.. i have no problem getting in the SUV it's just getting out I have to carefully get out other wise my right foot might get stunned.. and cause a lot of pain..

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can see they swapped out the Air Bag Control module.. it's not the original one.. they cut up the carpet and the rear axle or something in the rear is bent(probably frame damage).

it explains why the passenger side seat vibrates heavy................ they probably put cheap counterfeit recalled airbags from takata......
They’re not going to take your POS back, you bought it you get to keep it. Next time have a vehicle inspected beforehand.

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
I can see they swapped out the Air Bag Control module.

a legit professional shop would have NOT cut the carpet.. so it was a DIY job

. it's not the original one.. they cut up the carpet and the rear axle or something in the rear is bent(probably frame damage). causing the brake pad to drag...(it vibrates over 67mph and gets worse as the speed goes up)

it explains why the passenger side seat vibrates heavy as well(resonating from the vibration from the rear)................ they probably put cheap recalled airbags from takata. too

I have ankle problems (sprained them a bunch of times when I was a kid)so I do need to be able to use cruse control.. yesterday sucked i could barely walk normally.. i have no problem getting in the SUV it's just getting out I have to carefully get out other wise my right foot might get stunned.. and cause a lot of pain..

It is not the dealerships "liability" if an undisclosed accident was not documented via the insurance/DMV/carfax data base. When buying a used car it is absolutely "buyer beware". Did you purchase an extended warranty? You seem to have some issues, buyer remorse is part of life, next time be an informed and cautious buyer. But absolutely no one:baby: "owe's":baby: you a different car or the option to return it. It sounds like you got absolutely hosed!:Big Laugh: Go trade it in on a good vehicle and take your knocks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn