Rosen Nav in 07 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdj71

Reaction score
hey. Looking for a little help. I have a Rosen Nav in my 07 slt non Bose
It’s sound quality is absolutely terrible

Looking for directions on what I should do to improve my sound.
Can I add an Amp to this Rosen head unit? Better speakers.
I’m clueless when I comes to audio. And mostly everything else

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
hey. Looking for a little help. I have a Rosen Nav in my 07 slt non Bose
It’s sound quality is absolutely terrible

Looking for directions on what I should do to improve my sound.
Can I add an Amp to this Rosen head unit? Better speakers.
I’m clueless when I comes to audio. And mostly everything else

First off... define terrible.

Do you just not have enough volume for your liking or is it something else.

I installed the Rosen in my '08 Suburban LTZ and it was a definite improvement over the factory NAV Bose head unit.

I am still running the Bose amp but I did change out the door speakers to Infinity.

OP
OP
jdj71

jdj71

Reaction score
No bass. No power.
I had the rear door speakers replaced but no improvement
I guess I’ll take it to a car audio shop to get an amp installed.
And switch out front door speakers.
The Rosen unit has a few quirks to it.
You find that?
Plus. I’m going deaf. So mb I’m the problem

kbuskill

Reaction score
No bass. No power.
I had the rear door speakers replaced but no improvement
I guess I’ll take it to a car audio shop to get an amp installed.
And switch out front door speakers.
The Rosen unit has a few quirks to it.
You find that?
Plus. I’m going deaf. So mb I’m the problem

My experience was a noticeable improvement over the factory HU on the Bose amp.

The Bose sub under the center console definitely came alive with the addition of the Rosen HU.

Did you install the Rosen or was it already in the truck when you bought it???

The Rosen's come with several different harnesses. One for the Bose system and one for NON-Bose.

The one for the Bose system basically runs the Bose amp off of the pre outs from the HU. The NON-Bose harness runs the speakers off the HU's internal amplifier.

If you run the Bose harness on the non-Bose truck the out put (power) would be extremely low. Conversely if you ran the non-Bose harness to a Bose amp it would overpower it and you wouldn't be able to turn the volume up more than a couple of clicks before the speakers would distort.

When you say a few quirks what are you referring to???

My only real complaint is that my Navigation takes longer than it used to on initial boot up.

Originally it took maybe 30 seconds to a minute to boot up after starting the truck. Now if I press the Nav button right after starting the truck, the Nav will take upwards of 5 mins to finally boot up and become usable. Once it boots up it is good to go.

OP
OP
jdj71

jdj71

Reaction score
My experience was a noticeable improvement over the factory HU on the Bose amp.

The Bose sub under the center console definitely came alive with the addition of the Rosen HU.

Did you install the Rosen or was it already in the truck when you bought it???

The Rosen's come with several different harnesses. One for the Bose system and one for NON-Bose.

The one for the Bose system basically runs the Bose amp off of the pre outs from the HU. The NON-Bose harness runs the speakers off the HU's internal amplifier.

If you run the Bose harness on the non-Bose truck the out put (power) would be extremely low. Conversely if you ran the non-Bose harness to a Bose amp it would overpower it and you wouldn't be able to turn the volume up more than a couple of clicks before the speakers would distort.

When you say a few quirks what are you referring to???

My only real complaint is that my Navigation takes longer than it used to on initial boot up.

Originally it took maybe 30 seconds to a minute to boot up after starting the truck. Now if I press the Nav button right after starting the truck, the Nav will take upwards of 5 mins to finally boot up and become usable. Once it boots up it is good to go.

Wow. Thx for the info. The Rosen was in the trk when purchased
It’s non Bose
So. Would I get an amp. Wire it under the console to the Rosen? Or just replace the crappy GM Speakers.
I’m such a noob

kbuskill

Reaction score
The Rosen has RCA outputs so adding an amp would be very easy to do. Plenty of room under the console for sure.

Replacing the speakers would probably become a necessity if you install an amp.

adcmobile

Reaction score
The GM1210 actually had a fairly decent internal amp, but honestly it doesn't compare to adding an outboard amp.

The only thing that might hold you up on adding an amp is if the original installer didn't leave the harness that had all of the output RCAs for amps plugged in. Most of the time, if they didn't have an amp going in at the time of the original install, the installers WOULD NOT leave that plug plugged in.

If you do want to add an amp and you DO NOT have the harness in place, get ahold of me - I have some spares.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011