Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like a damned vehicle operating room in there! Too bad it's not big enough to operate on anything other than a bike. But, it's a sanitary environment to work on anything. I'd actually be looking forward to working on projects in there! Compared to before, it's like working in a dark makeshift warehouse in a third world country then moving to a new, modernized laboratory.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like a damned vehicle operating room in there! Too bad it's not big enough to operate on anything other than a bike. But, it's a sanitary environment to work on anything. I'd actually be looking forward to working on projects in there! Compared to before, it's like working in a dark makeshift warehouse in a third world country then moving to a new, modernized laboratory.
Exactly. It’s as bright as a damn UFO landing site in there now. I like going out there just to hang out and mess with stuff. Plus it’s super organized now, I can find everything I need in seconds. I love it.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The twin finally arrived after FedEx postponed delivery 3 days in a row. It was actually loaded on a truck for delivery Monday, then Tuesday, then today and all 3 times it would get to be around noon and they would notify me delivery had been updated to the next day. I had enough and called them today after it was rescheduled for tomorrow (again) and asked them to start a case on wtf was going on. It was delivered in a small truck a couple hours later. I HATE FedEx. I love these cabinets though. A1AC872D-BAE5-4527-9295-BA13A96C944E.jpeg1E1B3B33-C1CC-401E-8AF4-44DB2FB78E95.jpeg

Tonny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gees man, only till page 20 but very nice so far. Especially like the repainted dash and the seats are nice as well, I could use a new driver seat. But I hope I will find a seat + dubble seat for front. They are originally delivered, but pretty rare here in NL, everything is rare for the Tahoe hahah

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gees man, only till page 20 but very nice so far. Especially like the repainted dash and the seats are nice as well, I could use a new driver seat. But I hope I will find a seat + dubble seat for front. They are originally delivered, but pretty rare here in NL, everything is rare for the Tahoe hahah
Thanks Tonny. You’ve got a lot of reading to do!

Tonny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gees at 73 now. Respect for the blower build. There is always something... Can imagine if gave some stress while it was your only car at the time. I'm wondering, you wrote you've permanent all-wheel-drive system. Is that mechanically? Because I can chose like auto 4wd/2hi/4hi/4lo, got lsd's. But I've to drive primary 2hi to not damage the drivetrain. You can safely use it in Auto 4wd mode, but manual says you should not drive long on hard roads with 4hi on (permanent 4wd in my case then).

EDIT: Already did my research, full-time all wheel drive system

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gees at 73 now. Respect for the blower build. There is always something... Can imagine if gave some stress while it was your only car at the time. I'm wondering, you wrote you've permanent all-wheel-drive system. Is that mechanically? Because I can chose like auto 4wd/2hi/4hi/4lo, got lsd's. But I've to drive primary 2hi to not damage the drivetrain. You can safely use it in Auto 4wd mode, but manual says you should not drive long on hard roads with 4hi on (permanent 4wd in my case then).

EDIT: Already did my research, full-time all wheel drive system
Yes, full time and completely mechanical. No electronics to fail. It works great.

Tonny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, full time and completely mechanical. No electronics to fail. It works great.
I can imagine, love mechanical things. When I put my vehicle into 4lo, you really the gearbox changing and you hear like a ''bunk'' (how do I say that in English haha)

Though I love that I ride 2hi as primary, because I like to swing the back out so now and then haha.

Tonny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just one more question. I also saw someone talking about the 5900 shifting point. Some video's on the pages just after your installation of your blower don't work anymore. I seen your yt channel, but can't seem to find a video with what the rpm is when the gearbox is shifting from second to third. And from first to second gear seems like the same RPM shifting point as my stock 2001 Tahoe does. Basically my question is. Are the RPM shifting points different in each gear, so at how many RPM is shifts from first to second, second to third and third to fourth?

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just one more question. I also saw someone talking about the 5900 shifting point. Some video's on the pages just after your installation of your blower don't work anymore. I seen your yt channel, but can't seem to find a video with what the rpm is when the gearbox is shifting from second to third. And from first to second gear seems like the same RPM shifting point as my stock 2001 Tahoe does. Basically my question is. Are the RPM shifting points different in each gear, so at how many RPM is shifts from first to second, second to third and third to fourth?
I’ve never kept recording as it shifts from second to third or third to fourth. By the time it shifts to third I’m probably going about 80-90 mph and by then I’m looking out for cops and keeping it on thd road lol. I’ll see if I can make a wot run out in the country soon or at least watch the tach. I never paid attention.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157