Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Oh...and go up your drywall a bit to protect it from any potential puddles of water in the future.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
careful w/ the home garage floor epoxy kits... they dont last long & flake off really fast.

a lot has to do w/ prep.
i was told by congrete guy...its better to stain your floor if you want it to last or get a pro to do the epoxy (where they resurface the floor so it will be better...really messy work)

X2 on not the epoxy versions; they can peel fairly easily. What @George B linked is not epoxy.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
X2 on not the epoxy versions; they can peel fairly easily. What @George B linked is not epoxy.
I wonder what the neighbors think when they see me vacuuming my garage floor...

o_O Haha!
When I was shopping for my Burb I looked at one where the guy had a Roomba in his garage to keep it cleaned up. If I had his garage I would have too.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
careful w/ the home garage floor epoxy kits... they dont last long & flake off really fast.

a lot has to do w/ prep.
i was told by congrete guy...its better to stain your floor if you want it to last or get a pro to do the epoxy (where they resurface the floor so it will be better...really messy work)

im not spending $1500-2500 to have a “pro” surface a one-car garage floor. It’s only a walking surface so hopefully it will last awhile, it’s too small of a garage to work on a vehicle in.

I do recommend using rubber floor mats under your floor Jack from now on. I’ve had the epoxy coating for a few years now and it started peeling off exactly where I kept jacking the front of the truck up.

I quite simply cut this in half lengthwise and just have it laying underneath the truck at all times...

View attachment 265201

I like the fiber material on the garage floor side to easily slid in place and the rubber side for the small Jack wheels to roll around on. I’ve put full rubber pads on my stands as these epoxy floors can get really slippery.

You’ll definitely love the epoxy floor!

No issue using a floor jack in my garage. It’s only going to be a pass-thru to the shop I’ll be building in my back yard. I couldn’t even open a door with my truck inside my garage unfortunately.

Oh...and go up your drywall a bit to protect it from any potential puddles of water in the future.

I have a concrete footing around the perimeter that’s 5” above the floor so I’m good. The wall framing sits on top of that.

Thinking about the epoxy floor. Not sure I would want that myself. When I need to do some serious wrenching I am not sure I want to be worrying about my pretty floor.

There won’t be any wrenching going on inside my dinky garage except something small maybe.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The rear defroster quit working so I checked for power at the tabs and nothing. Anybody done troubleshooting on this? I’m thinking a wire broke, possibly where it goes from the truck to the Liftgate. Now I need to figure out the color code for that wire. And yes I checked the fuse. The rear view mirror ones still work also.
It turned out that the left tab wasn’t making contact to the pad even though it looked fine. FrostFighter fixed that, I had some on hand. However...I made the stupid mistake of using masking tape around the tab, and when I peeled it off it peeled some of the pad and a couple spots on some grid lines. I painted the pads with FF but didn’t see the broken grid lines until I used all the FF I could get out of the bottle and threw it away. I guess I’ll order some more FF, kinda tired of messing with it though.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got the new under cabinet lights. They're way brighter, 4500 lumens for each fixture. I could put 2 under the cabinet so 9000 lumens vs the others that were 2200 lumens for all 6 combined and I could only fit 4 of them. That was false advertising saying those others were 2200 lumens- it makes it sound like EACH ONE was 2200. I sent them back and already got a refund from Amazon and id they say anything about it looking like they were mounted, too bad. How else could I find out they weren't as advertised? Anyway, I had about 1600 lumens with the others and now its 9000. I opened these up and deleted the pull chain switch since I use a wall switch. I also finished the lower ceiling so now its bright af in there lol. Link for new lights, thumbs up on them. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q4ZMMKN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1IMG_2503[1].JPG IMG_2505[1].JPG IMG_2495[1].JPG IMG_2508[1].JPG IMG_2509[1].JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout