Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s pretty much all forested in this area. I have a 100’ fir tree and 3 80’ maple trees in my back yard and there’s forested areas everywhere around here. I’m at the north of the green line, just barely, halfway between where it says Gresham and that green line. Too damn close.E959937F-F6D0-4C3D-B3C2-4C3575137F87.jpeg

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I’m not cancelling the order again, then taking a chance on another used one with probably 200,000 miles on zero fluid changes. Not worth it imo. It’s already decided, after I decided once then decided not to then decided to again lol. Not going to decide not to again. Man I sound nuts. But it has been a long couple days. The fires are getting too close to me if you guys haven’t heard. There’s a level 1 evacuation not 20 miles from me from a fire that started 3 days ago and has blown up. My sister lives in Oregon City, about 30 miles away and she is in a level 2 evacuation which means be lacked and ready. I have a niece who lives 10 miles from her who is level 3, mandatory evacuation, and a nephew who is another 10 miles out from her who had to evacuate yesterday and is pretty sure he’s going to lose his place. There’s people on my street who are freaking out and leaving, out in their front yards packing their shit and others hosing down their houses even though we aren’t in danger so far and the winds have died down to nothing. We aren’t even level 1 thank God. But the smoke came in today and now it’s scary looking outside. I’m just going to get the reman diff and new CV axles and hopefully my place will still be here by the time I get them installed.
That sucks man stay safe. I hope all your family make it out unscathed -including their homes and property. [emoji1317]

ETA: and, c’mon, we know Mark is not able to go with a junkyard part like a diff in the Beast! [emoji23][emoji106]

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s pretty much all forested in this area. I have a 100’ fir tree and 3 80’ maple trees in my back yard and there’s forested areas everywhere around here. I’m at the north of the green line, just barely, halfway between where it says Gresham and that green line. Too damn close.View attachment 257227
beachie creek fire? I remember when I lived there we had the silver complex and biscuit fire, the biscuit burned 1/2 a million acres

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
beachie creek fire? I remember when I lived there we had the silver complex and biscuit fire, the biscuit burned 1/2 a million acres
Beachie Creek and Riverside fires are about to merge. All the firefighters were told to disengage earlier today and focus on saving lives, getting people evacuated but it’s been a traffic jam all day getting out of there.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol, you told his ass off! What a scumbag.
On another note-- My daughter lives in Corvallis, in the Willamate Valley. Is that close to you? She sent me some pretty bad pics.
Corvallis is way south. There’s another fire down that way. On another note, RA just notified me that FedEx won’t issue a label to my location right now, probably because of the fires, so the diff order was cancelled. I just have to be patient I guess. Oh, I reported that jerk too, told the mods to BAN HIM! BAN HIM! BAN HIM!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Corvallis is way south. There’s another fire down that way. On another note, RA just notified me that FedEx won’t issue a label to my location right now, probably because of the fires, so the diff order was cancelled. I just have to be patient I guess. Oh, I reported that jerk too, told the mods to BAN HIM! BAN HIM! BAN HIM!
Thx for the info Mark.
I didn't see his post--I'm sure they booted his ass!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V2Tahoe