Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The replacement Pioneer was scheduled to be delivered yesterday so I pulled the (defective) one out to get ready. That’s when I noticed the faceplate didn’t sit flush at the bottom. This stereo features a removable faceplate that is motorized; you can adjust the viewing angle and it also opens to 90* in order to insert a DVD or SD card. There’s a latch on the bottom that you slide in order to release the faceplate. It must have been hit by something when I was reinstalling the unit. So guess what? There was nothing wrong with the unit, the faceplate wasn’t completely attached. I feel so stupid but the damn manual is 150 pages long and I didn’t even look at that section since I wasn’t planning on removing the faceplate. I sent the new, unopened unit back to Amazon with a note. :rolleyes:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The replacement Pioneer was scheduled to be delivered yesterday so I pulled the (defective) one out to get ready. That’s when I noticed the faceplate didn’t sit flush at the bottom. This stereo features a removable faceplate that is motorized; you can adjust the viewing angle and it also opens to 90* in order to insert a DVD or SD card. There’s a latch on the bottom that you slide in order to release the faceplate. It must have been hit by something when I was reinstalling the unit. So guess what? There was nothing wrong with the unit, the faceplate wasn’t completely attached. I feel so stupid but the damn manual is 150 pages long and I didn’t even look at that section since I wasn’t planning on removing the faceplate. I sent the new, unopened unit back to Amazon with a note. :rolleyes:
:buttkick: lol, I had that happen before when I had the 4400

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
one nice thing about that deck is there should be a option in the menu to save your settings, then even if you disconnected the battery or it went dead it will still have all your settings when powered back up like the EQ and saved favorites etc., they also have a internal battery so the clock does not loose time either. the previous deck's (non wifi) didn't have that option they only saved the clock.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
one nice thing about that deck is there should be a option in the menu to save your settings, then even if you disconnected the battery or it went dead it will still have all your settings when powered back up like the EQ and saved favorites etc., they also have a internal battery so the clock does not loose time either. the previous deck's (non wifi) didn't have that option they only saved the clock.
I’m pretty sure it does, because everything was still there after I got it working. Just had to reset the clock though which seems weird. It has a microprocessor reset that takes everything back to factory.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
108F7E6F-D974-4BE8-8922-8E2D5EBEC4CC.jpeg F5C54350-0479-4C98-A04E-053BF08E2FE8.jpeg D45807E2-94D9-4A32-897A-49C7FCC72566.jpeg A069A85F-55F5-4773-8B63-8CF030DAD799.jpeg 645A5DFF-BF59-4C32-BD5F-2E0167F5F2DB.jpeg I decided to rotate the tires today, which led to cleaning the inside of the wheels and tire shine which led to cleaning the Wilwood parts and the Spohn parts. Should be faster now.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nasser Ali