Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Item 351925993115. Inside edge? They don't touch anything on mine. I have headers so I'm unsure if they would fit with the heat shields since I don't use those.
These seem to be exactly what I need. Thanks for sharing your research. [emoji106][emoji16]

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there's so many on there, have the item number?, do they touch anything on the inside edge? do they fit with the metal heat shields?
Now that I thought about it they won’t fit with the heat shields since the boots are angled.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last night I decided to install a double usb outlet since the Pioneer has 2 outlets on the back. Bad idea I guess. I powered down the unit, unplugged it, installed the outlets and plugged everything in. Won’t turn on. I checked all the power and grounds , read the manual on resetting the microprocessor and still nothing. I went online with Amazon and they refunded me pending them receiving the hu and I ordered another. It seems it’s stuck in a power down mode.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now that I thought about it they won’t fit with the heat shields since the boots are angled.
ya I saw in there description it said they only fit the round coil packs which doesn't make sense because they all have a round plug, unless some coil packs are shorter then others? I hadn't really noticed any difference

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last night I decided to install a double usb outlet since the Pioneer has 2 outlets on the back. Bad idea I guess. I powered down the unit, unplugged it, installed the outlets and plugged everything in. Won’t turn on. I checked all the power and grounds , read the manual on resetting the microprocessor and still nothing. I went online with Amazon and they refunded me pending them receiving the hu and I ordered another. It seems it’s stuck in a power down mode.
Oh man, that sucks. Glad they’re taking care of you though.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
ya I saw in there description it said they only fit the round coil packs which doesn't make sense because they all have a round plug, unless some coil packs are shorter then others? I hadn't really noticed any difference
I know there are 2 different styles of coils. The 19005218, and I think 12558693. The plug wire sets are made for the specific coil. I have the 19005218. I think the wires are (supposed to be) shorter, but seems they’re still going to be too long with headers. There may be other differences as well, I’m not sure.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know there are 2 different styles of coils. The 19005218, and I think 12558693. The plug wire sets are made for the specific coil. I have the 19005218. I think the wires are (supposed to be) shorter, but seems they’re still going to be too long with headers. There may be other differences as well, I’m not sure.
Yeah there’s long wires and longer wires. I think the long wires would fit both. As far as the stick heat shields, they won’t fit these wires because of the angle at the plug boot.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I pulled the passenger wheel and liner tonight so I could get to #8. I see that some of the heat shield pulled out of the heat shrink when I bent and twisted one of the wires into the best position but I really don't care- I was able to adjust them by twisting them in a circular motion on both the plug and coil until they were centered from the header pipe on each side. here's a pic of the burned Taylor wire as well as my $250 box of useless wires. Actually, I have a complete set of MSD wires if anybody with stock setup with heat shields is interested, no burns and barely used. I just pulled them in order to install the Taylors. They're not the best for headers but should be great for a stock exhaust. And they're red for an extra +10 HP lol.

IMG_9067.JPG IMG_9070.JPG IMG_9071.JPG

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also noticed one of my DRL's took a shit on me so I was going to replace it with an extra I had until I noticed the other one was flickering too. I'm tired of spending money on DRL's that don't last. I had a set of Acme projector amber switchbacks that I bought for The Machine but didn't work out so I swapped them in. I got them from TRS so maybe they'll last. And it's a nice little change.

IMG_9068.JPG IMG_9069.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442