Road Vibration & Suspension issues ( $1k in Suspension )

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Checking into an issue and want to check on my opinion.

Slight vibration occurrence begins at around 60-65 but gets worse at 70 than stops completely at 75. Other problem is there seems to be some sort of clunking when turning my steering wheel when parked.

Parts changed:
Tires
CV Axle ( both )
Upper and Lower control arms ( both )
Inner and outer tie rods ( both )
Idler Arm and Mounting Bracket

As far as the vibration some things I looked at may point to a bad Universal Joint but should I order every one? Not too sure where to start with the knocking when turning my steering wheel.

-Thanks

OP
OP
Firebirdgm2000
Reaction score
Replaced the back plates on the truck last night and while I was under there found that the U-Joints in the rear driveshaft went bad. Torched the old ones off replaced with new and it has SOLVED the vibration.... For the steering grinding or creaking I found that the Bearing between the firewall seems to have a bunch of play, am having issues finding the replacement part can only find the shaft that goes from the firewall to the steering box but that bearing is very difficult to find.

WITHOUT THE INVALUABLE ADVICE ON THIS THREAD I WOULD BE LOST.

OP
OP
Firebirdgm2000
Reaction score
Saw this video the other day, makes complete sense now. At first I didn't think they would use such a crappy plastic bearing but apparently they do. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn