RMS leak stopped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2591tdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have had a rear main seal leak for a number of years. Was quoted $800 a few years ago to repair. The mechanic and the oil change place both suggested doing nothing until the leak got much worse and required frequent additions of oil.

Scotty Kilmer was touting AT-205 leak stop so I thought, “What the heck. It’s worth a shot.” Ordered off Amazon for about $20 for 8 oz and added it to the crankcase. Surprisingly, the leak has stopped! I hope it lasts.

Last edited:

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never would use leakstop. What stops a leak, close a wanted orifice. and i don't like Scotty Kilmer, i heard very often, very wrong stuff from him. I remember for example, that he said once: Don't buy a gmt800, these cars a shit.
So he should drink his leak stop himself, closing his nasty filthy mouth.
I'm done. :favorites37:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have had a rear main seal leak for a number of years. Was quoted $800 a few years ago to repair. The mechanic and the oil change place both suggested doing nothing until the leak got much worse and required frequent additions of oil.

Scotty Kilmer was touting AT-205 leak stop so I thought, “What the heck. It’s worth a shot.” Ordered off Amazon for about $20 for 8 oz and added it to the crankcase. Surprisingly, the leak has stopped! I hope it lasts.
Thank you for posting the resolution to your issue.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never would use leakstop. What stops a leak, close a wanted orifice. and i don't like Scotty Kilmer, i heard very often, very wrong stuff from him. I remember for example, that he said once: Don't buy a gmt800, these cars a shit.
Please -- don't hold back! Tell us how you really feel! You shouldn't candy coat things like that! :rolleyes:

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He actually has a video or two that talk about the greatness of the GMT800 platform as well. Take advice with a grain of salt and all that..

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I hope you make out ok. I tried this stuff and it worked great for about a week and now I am blowing out a minimum of a 1/2 - 3/4 quarts a week. Totally regret even using it. 3 times worse than it was now. Please keep us updated.

Last edited:

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope you make out ok. I tried this stuff and it worked great for about a week and now I am blowing out a minimum of a 1/2 - 3/4 quarts a week. Totally regret even using it. 3 times worse than it was now. Please keep us updated.

On the flip side, you always know the oil flowing through your engine is fresh... :rolleyes: (That's what I kept telling myself when my daughter's RMS began seeping/leaking).

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the flip side, you always know the oil flowing through your engine is fresh... :rolleyes: (That's what I kept telling myself when my daughter's RMS began seeping/leaking).

Yeah I'm not worried about it with the mileage it has, just hate the stink.

OP
OP

2591tdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401