Rise of the Turd-burban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Captains log, entry 0ICU812

Took a trip to LKQ today, in search of some plastic bits and a few unicorns (dash top in sweet condition, un-bent front bumper, the ever elusive un-tattered drivers seat).

I realized a couple things- these shorts, plus sweat, and my underwear riding up made for a grueling walk around the junk yard. Second- well I don’t remember.

Scores: dash cubby to replace on-star button area, A-pillar covers with tweeters, turn signal passenger side mirror (wrong color ), some other plastic bits (like that flap that covers the hole through which you let the spare down), and a rear audio control for my console (looks better than the one I have).
Now I remember the second thing! It’s sad when some of the junk yard cars have nicer interior than yours… but, I guess that’s what we want when we go junk yarding for parts. Nobody goes to buy uglier parts than what they have.

Nooj
OP. Colored mirror cover is held on with tabs and double sided tape, it'll pop right off to reuse your old one. To make powered mirrors work--if you already don't have them--you'll need the front passenger side per window switch from the donor. After that everything is PnP. Welcome--I'll be following your build.

OP
OP
N

Nooj

Reaction score
Why is 325k embarrassing?
For a well kept vehicle, it would be a number of pride. For a sucker like me that paid what I did, for one in this condition- it’s embarrassing

I bought a well maintained 09 Silverado 2500 duramax with 416,000 miles. All original. I did head gaskets on it, cleaned it of some inefficient components *ahem*, and sold it with 491,000- to a diesel mech. I was proud of that one. I would’ve towed anything anywhere without fear in that one.

This burb? Weeeelll… I’m getting prouder the more I do to it. It’s getting there. Wherever there is.

Nooj

OP
OP
N

Nooj

Reaction score
OP. Colored mirror cover is held on with tabs and double sided tape, it'll pop right off to reuse your old one. To make powered mirrors work--if you already don't have them--you'll need the front passenger side per window switch from the donor. After that everything is PnP. Welcome--I'll be following your build.
I was hoping that was the case with the cover!
This rig has the power mirror switches, but neither move when I fiddle with it… so, I’ve got some troubleshooting to do there.
Luckily, the previous owners were electrical masterminds and thoughtfully ran some wires to use the turn signals. So, at least I have that going for me.

Nooj

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I was hoping that was the case with the cover!
This rig has the power mirror switches, but neither move when I fiddle with it… so, I’ve got some troubleshooting to do there.
Luckily, the previous owners were electrical masterminds and thoughtfully ran some wires to use the turn signals. So, at least I have that going for me.

Nooj
You sure they fold? The rpo for folding mirrors is DL3. See if it's listed in your glove box.

OP
OP
N

Nooj

Reaction score
That’s a negative on the DL3 there, ghost rider.
I assumed I had power adjustable mirrors, because I have the controls. Someone swapped in the turn signal mirror, but only on the drivers side (but ran wires to both sides, albeit not in a beautiful fashion).
I’ve decided all the RPOs but I can’t recall what it said about the mirrors…

Nooj

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
That’s a negative on the DL3 there, ghost rider.
I assumed I had power adjustable mirrors, because I have the controls. Someone swapped in the turn signal mirror, but only on the drivers side (but ran wires to both sides, albeit not in a beautiful fashion).
I’ve decided all the RPOs but I can’t recall what it said about the mirrors…

Nooj
Does your button light up like this if you put the left/right switch in the middle?20180608_170206.jpg20180608_170221.jpg
Here's the mirror covers seperated from the mirrors. 20190313_162556.jpg
If you wanted to add the powerfold/turn signal mirrors it's super easy to add. Just get the correct mirrors, along with the power window switch from the front passenger(won't work without it), then plug everything into the master driver's side window switch.20190313_161845.jpg
Easy. Added them to my 03, works great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz