Rise of the Turd-burban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We need more pics!

Pics, or it didnt happen!

Edit: Just because the power mirrors arent working, doesnt mean it doesnt have them. Grime, dirt, and other nasties get into the motors, and gears, and can make them so they dont move, or move in a very stuttery type of way. The ones on my Envoy and Saab both have this stuttery type of operation. But with memory mirrors, its hard to find good, working, versions, that are also painted.. My caps dont separate like the FST's do

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

Nooj

Reaction score
Guys & gals- I’ve pulled it off. You’re not gonna believe the transformation!

03EC2F9E-0650-4DCE-98CA-36AC8EA22E96.jpeg

aaaaand NOW!

4796CE0F-B681-4A89-ABA0-CEBC1265745C.jpeg

Follow me for more exciting mods and how-to’s!!

Ok, back to reality.
I’ve found zero indication of a CB antenna having been on this vehicle. Some mysteries are just too unsolvable.

Mirrors- I don’t have the light up middle part on my buttons. And the buttons don’t do anything, so I’m gonna investigate when I go to R&R my passenger side signal mirror.

Attachments

• 9224FBD0-25FC-4520-84E0-C63102080BD8.jpeg
    9224FBD0-25FC-4520-84E0-C63102080BD8.jpeg
    370.7 KB · Views: 4
OP
OP
N

Nooj

Reaction score
I hope you all appreciate the artistic flair I worked so hard to produce on the last photo. It’s worth the effort, for you guys.

Up next! All new brakes- 2020 style up front, regular ol 02 ones in the rear. Goodridge hoses, power stop z36 pads. Oughta be a knuckle bustin good time!
Let’s GOOOOO!!!!

Well, it’s just me, so…. I’m GOING!

Nooj

OP
OP
N

Nooj

Reaction score
A lot can happen in 20 years. Bumpers being replaced is one of them.
You’re not wrong. I did look underneath to see if there was a hole drilled through the bumper (in case the cap was replaced) but saw nothing.

But then!! I seen this strange cable thing hanging around under the truck, near the left tail light! You could say it was up to no good, I certainly would. It was just loitering about, with no clear purpose or intention.

It didn’t seem electrical though, upon inspection. Turns out it was just a connector for the line for the rear window washer fluid. It had came loose from the hose and was looking suspicious.

Nooj

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’re not wrong. I did look underneath to see if there was a hole drilled through the bumper (in case the cap was replaced) but saw nothing.

But then!! I seen this strange cable thing hanging around under the truck, near the left tail light! You could say it was up to no good, I certainly would. It was just loitering about, with no clear purpose or intention.

It didn’t seem electrical though, upon inspection. Turns out it was just a connector for the line for the rear window washer fluid. It had came loose from the hose and was looking suspicious.

Nooj
There was a time when it was fashionable to hide the antenna mount between the body and tail light housing too.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Nooj
Where are you located? I'm in a similar position as you, but mine only has 165k miles on it. The front suspension still needs to be rebuilt, column airbag still needs to be fixed, but the effing engine has a low oil pressure warning on it now, which is new. I just had new, synthetic put in it 2 days before the light came on. :-( And the 4WD money light just popped on. :'(

OP
OP
N

Nooj

Reaction score
Where are you located? I'm in a similar position as you, but mine only has 165k miles on it. The front suspension still needs to be rebuilt, column airbag still needs to be fixed, but the effing engine has a low oil pressure warning on it now, which is new. I just had new, synthetic put in it 2 days before the light came on. :-( And the 4WD money light just popped on. :'(
I’m in West Georgia.
I didn’t notice my oil pressure prior to the trans swap, but when I pulled the pan to do the gasket there was a lot of sludge. The pickup tube was a PITA to get cleaned. I had to basically poke every hole in the wire mesh to unclog it.
Here’s something fun- when I got the oil pan off, the hold down nuts for the oil pickup tube bracket we’re so loose you just shake it all about. I was like, what’s this Hokey pokey business?!

Oil pressure is great now. I just didn’t pay much attention to it beforehand, so I don’t know how much it improved, but I know it had to.

Nooj

OP
OP
N

Nooj

Reaction score
There was a time when it was fashionable to hide the antenna mount between the body and tail light housing too
I pulled the drivers tail light this morning to see if there was anything behind it, because it had this “dot” on the tail light.

95550EF5-739F-4E5A-84A0-DBAD5EDD7906.jpeg

Maybe it’s just a mole. A beauty mark of sorts, I dunno. I didn’t see anything behind there.

Nooj

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rddixon

Latest posts