Retrofit Headlight opinion???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Pug says what?

For what should I be defending myself or apologizing?

What bad joke? Just for conversation's sake, could you enlighten us as to what offended you? Feel free to PM me as to not clutter up Mr. Buskill's thread.

It's ok, clutter away... I think we are all curious as to what the presumed infraction was.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's ok, clutter away... I think we are all curious as to what the presumed infraction was.

I'm sure I didn't violate any rules, so I'm not concerned. If I did, someone of authority will let me know and we'll handle it accordingly. Aside from that, I'm more curious as to what you have up your sleeve for the headlights.

A failure to “seek to understand” is the likely issue. Followed closely by pride I suppose.

Who knows? I don't care to entertain this with speculation.

Have you ever seen one of those parents that gets down on a knee and begs the toddler to tell them what they're crying and stomping their feet about, but the bratty, spoiled toddler angrily clams up to make the parent beg more? I'm not that parent.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I'm sure I didn't violate any rules, so I'm not concerned. If I did, someone of authority will let me know and we'll handle it accordingly. Aside from that, I'm more curious as to what you have up your sleeve for the headlights.

Who knows? I don't care to entertain this with speculation.

Have you ever seen one of those parents that gets down on a knee and begs the toddler to tell them what they're crying and stomping their feet about, but the bratty, spoiled toddler angrily clams up to make the parent beg more? I'm not that parent.
Yeah, my comment in those situations is something like “if you can’t tell me then it’s not a problem so quit crying”.

moving on

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score

Well, I'm still not 100% sure.

I was wanting to do something to make them stand out from the crowd a little bit without being gaudy.

I definitely concur with not wanting to make the lights look like an eyeball or changing the look of the front end too much.

I have kicked around the idea of just doing a little black on the chrome as an accent or possibly doing something color matched with the WDT paint but again I just don't know yet.

I have some time to figure it out as I plan on waiting until TRS has their Memorial day sale at the end of the month before buying the projectors and such.

I started this thread to get ideas, not for high school drama.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
Also, I am curious if anyone who has done a retrofit before has ever used vinyl inside the headlights? Like a vinyl sticker.

I am just curious if the heat from the bulbs would be an issue with the vinyl, causing it to peel or anything.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm still not 100% sure.

I was wanting to do something to make them stand out from the crowd a little bit without being gaudy.

I definitely concur with not wanting to make the lights look like an eyeball or changing the look of the front end too much.

I have kicked around the idea of just doing a little black on the chrome as an accent or possibly doing something color matched with the WDT paint but again I just don't know yet.

Had to Google:

diy-paint-plastic-inserts-headlamp-20130314_132228.jpg

14_tahoe_white_grey_hid_retrofit_headlights-2.jpg

tahoe_ar_4_grande.png

spension-lift-7-fuel-maverick-black-hella-stance-5.jpg

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
Had to Google:

diy-paint-plastic-inserts-headlamp-20130314_132228.jpg

14_tahoe_white_grey_hid_retrofit_headlights-2.jpg

tahoe_ar_4_grande.png

spension-lift-7-fuel-maverick-black-hella-stance-5.jpg

Yeah, I wasn't talking about CM the whole inside.

I know it is almost impossible to come up with something that hasn't been done before.

I was thinking about maybe CMing the chrome sides of the reflectors or something... I don't know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700