reprograming onboard computer with new shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rodie40

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
::UPDATE:: I aired up the system and it sounds like I blew the driver shock. What do you guys recommend for shocks? I would like to keep the stock setup as I just put in a compressor. Thanks.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reviving old thread again...I just replaced the compressor in my 2007 Yukon (Z55) and it aired up fine by itself, and then more when I attached my trailer, then as I was loading stuff on my trailer (with the truck off) I heard a loud POP? I am wondering if It blew a shock bladder? It seems to be leaking at the drivers side shock. Has anyone experienced this? If I need to drive I guess I will take out the fuse so I do not burn out the compressor.
This is one way that they fail - already weakened from age and use, then placed under load.

+1 to Tom's recommendations. You can buy OEM on RockAuto for a good price, which is what I did.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Reviving old thread again...I just replaced the compressor in my 2007 Yukon (Z55) and it aired up fine by itself, and then more when I attached my trailer, then as I was loading stuff on my trailer (with the truck off) I heard a loud POP? I am wondering if It blew a shock bladder? It seems to be leaking at the drivers side shock. Has anyone experienced this? If I need to drive I guess I will take out the fuse so I do not burn out the compressor.
Check the hoses, might just be a connection that came undone.

Rodie40

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks, I aired them up and it did seem to be leaking at the shock, but I will check again. What is the process for new shocks? Can I just put them in and roll, or do I have to do fancy stuff like raise the truck and lower the rear and cycle the compressor with a scanner? Are the shocks the same for all Z55 200-2014? Looking on Marketplace.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I aired them up and it did seem to be leaking at the shock, but I will check again. What is the process for new shocks? Can I just put them in and roll, or do I have to do fancy stuff like raise the truck and lower the rear and cycle the compressor with a scanner? Are the shocks the same for all Z55 200-2014? Looking on Marketplace.
Just install them and you should be gtg. There’s a calibration process called ALC trim set that can be done with a Tech2 or similar but it’s really not necessary.

18Nali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Another revival because I need help and this seems to be best thread/info I’ve seen. Background: 2018 Denali XL. Purchased used that had arnott front unit put in by local dealer. I always thought the nose sat low as it scraped on driveways and parking blocks. Also looked like it had some negative camber.

Fast forward: towed the camper and the whole system aired up and the fronts looked they should have. Unhooked after the 300 mile tow and back to negative camber. Also I noticed significant abnormal tire wear on the insides of the tread.

My question is will the alc reinsert procedure correct this issue? Should I clean the sensors on top of the units. Or do I attempt to take to the dealer that did the work? Thank you!

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Another revival because I need help and this seems to be best thread/info I’ve seen. Background: 2018 Denali XL. Purchased used that had arnott front unit put in by local dealer. I always thought the nose sat low as it scraped on driveways and parking blocks. Also looked like it had some negative camber.

Fast forward: towed the camper and the whole system aired up and the fronts looked they should have. Unhooked after the 300 mile tow and back to negative camber. Also I noticed significant abnormal tire wear on the insides of the tread.

My question is will the alc reinsert procedure correct this issue? Should I clean the sensors on top of the units. Or do I attempt to take to the dealer that did the work? Thank you!
I'm not super familiar with the '15 - '20 trucks, but to my knowledge they don't have any front air assist struts. They should be just like the GMT900 series and have auto leveling in the rear only.

I would take it back to the dealer if there is a problem.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Eventually you’ll be moved to the 15-20 forum

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

This isn't the correct forum for your year, so we recommend that you start a new thread for your issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buzarr

Latest posts