reprograming onboard computer with new shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem after rebuilding my front end on my 2007 XL Denali a few years ago. Took some electrical contact cleaner to those connectors and it solved my problem.

ukrkoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem after rebuilding my front end on my 2007 XL Denali a few years ago. Took some electrical contact cleaner to those connectors and it solved my problem.
Great. And THOSE connectors were?

ukrkoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see. Well, out of desperation, I even just replaced the new ones that came witht he new struts with the OEM ones from the old struts. Cleaned them with MAF cleaner and greased with DE grease. Tomorrow will show.

ukrkoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And the trophy goes to......
Drumbeat!!!!!!!

Geotrash!

After I replaced - and cleaned and lubricated - the mentioned connectors on the struts rods, with the ones, taken from the OE struts - after 2 days of commute, message is gone.
I'd say, it is safe to say - all good.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great result! There is more than 1 style of electrical connector for the top of those struts, depending on the year of truck. Using the OE connectors seems to have solved your problem.

ukrkoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ones, that came with Dorman struts looked IDENTICAL to OEM ones. Yet..... Who knows. Damn electronic gremlins...

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And the trophy goes to......
Drumbeat!!!!!!!

Geotrash!

After I replaced - and cleaned and lubricated - the mentioned connectors on the struts rods, with the ones, taken from the OE struts - after 2 days of commute, message is gone.
I'd say, it is safe to say - all good.
So glad to hear it worked for you! I only know because I beat my head against the wall with mine for a couple of weeks until I did the same thing and voila!

ukrkoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, and that error code only points at lack of contact - somewhere. The rest is go figure.
It's gone.

Rodie40

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Reviving old thread again...I just replaced the compressor in my 2007 Yukon (Z55) and it aired up fine by itself, and then more when I attached my trailer, then as I was loading stuff on my trailer (with the truck off) I heard a loud POP? I am wondering if It blew a shock bladder? It seems to be leaking at the drivers side shock. Has anyone experienced this? If I need to drive I guess I will take out the fuse so I do not burn out the compressor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9