Replicating NorcalSS Drop Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HansJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
His website doesn't have a functioning payment system. When I asked around, I was told he'd been hacked. I did some checking and found he hasn't been on here since April. I texted him, IM'd him, and reached out to him on Twitter a week ago. Nothing. So whether he's officially out of business or not, he effectively is.

Thanks for the other info.
You know I searched NorcalSS on here and this thread popped up. Glad I did cause I've been going thru the same thing. No contact on ANY avenue when trying to contact. Been trying for about 2 weeks now. Thanks for posting. Gave me some good info on what to source myself now.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now if I could just find his prices, lol.
In the past when Ive ordered drop stuff, he was never cheaper than what I had found elsewhere, just fyi. He seems like a nice guy though. I remember him from my way back when s10forum days back in like 2001-2002. I always tried to give him a shot, but money is money. You can probably find what you need and order it elsewhere.

OP
OP
the_tool_man

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the past when Ive ordered drop stuff, he was never cheaper than what I had found elsewhere, just fyi. He seems like a nice guy though. I remember him from my way back when s10forum days back in like 2001-2002. I always tried to give him a shot, but money is money. You can probably find what you need and order it elsewhere.
It might be a reflection that his website hasn't been updated in a while, plus the recent price increases for most everything. But his $550 kit costs about $800 when sourced separately right now.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It might be a reflection that his website hasn't been updated in a while, plus the recent price increases for most everything. But his $550 kit costs about $800 when sourced separately right now.
Cant go wrong when you're saving money. Have you tried calling him? I know he used to have his phone number in his sig but I haven't seen him in a bit.

Good luck with it though. I'm looking forward to finished pics.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for all the info. This is exactly the type of experience-based feedback I was looking for.

Glad to help. Also, I meant to say that I'm running Jeep TJ coils in the rear. Whatever coil you end up with might not NEED the helper bags. I specifically wanted a softer spring to reinforce with the bags in an attempt to control them with the factory ALC compressor. Why? Because I'm a stubborn idiot that might just hate himself.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

His kit might not be $550 any more. It might be advertised as that, but if it's not available, then it could be priced at $5 and it wouldn't matter.

I can't speak for your area, but I see GMT900 drop parts all the time on my local Marketplace. Mostly BT spindles, struts and rear shocks (for trucks). I think the biggest hurdle is finding the rear coils you want.

OP
OP
the_tool_man

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to help. Also, I meant to say that I'm running Jeep TJ coils in the rear. Whatever coil you end up with might not NEED the helper bags. I specifically wanted a softer spring to reinforce with the bags in an attempt to control them with the factory ALC compressor. Why? Because I'm a stubborn idiot that might just hate himself.
For now, my plan is to use the BT rear coils and retain the factory Z55 shocks. I've seen a number of recommendations for using Trailblazer coils instead. If the ride is too firm, I'll try a pair of those later. It looks like the rear coil swap is the easiest part of the whole process.

His kit might not be $550 any more. It might be advertised as that, but if it's not available, then it could be priced at $5 and it wouldn't matter.

I can't speak for your area, but I see GMT900 drop parts all the time on my local Marketplace. Mostly BT spindles, struts and rear shocks (for trucks). I think the biggest hurdle is finding the rear coils you want.
I doubt it would be that anymore. I did a fair bit of looking, and the prices are within 10% of each other everywhere. I ended up getting the best price for the BT kit on eBay with free shipping (no small thing since those spindles are HEAVY). I found the DJM kit in a few places. Once I factored in shipping, they were within $5 everywhere, with DJM being the least expensive with their flat-rate shipping. Parts ordered. Now I can work on the free travel mod while I have a few days off at Christmas.

OP
OP
the_tool_man

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cant go wrong when you're saving money. Have you tried calling him? I know he used to have his phone number in his sig but I haven't seen him in a bit.

Good luck with it though. I'm looking forward to finished pics.
I didn't call him. But I texted him, assuming he'd respond to that before he'd answer a call from an unknown number. No response.

I sincerely hope Tony is okay. It's kinda weird that he'd just ghost everyone like that. I would expect better of a reputable business. So it does make me wonder if something happened to him. Whatever happened, it must be permanent. I noticed as of today he's no longer listed as a supporting vendor. This changed in the last week or so.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen a number of recommendations for using Trailblazer coils instead. If the ride is too firm, I'll try a pair of those later. It looks like the rear coil swap is the easiest part of the whole process.

I've heard of using DJM 4" drop coils for a Trailblazer in a Tahoe/Yukon for ~5" of drop and really nice ride. Of course, "nice ride" is subjective. You could always use spacers if the drop is too much. Supposedly, these coils were much preferred over the BT ~4" coils. I only have personal experience with the BT 5305, McG 33052 and the Jeep springs. The Jeep springs were a total fluke. I nabbed them out of my buddy's scrap yard pile because they looked like the McG coils I had at home. The BT 5305 got me around 3.5", I think. The McG 33052 were listed as a 3" drop and, IIRC, I got 2.5". Them and the BTs might would've ended up at their 3" and 4" respective advertised drops had I kept them in longer. But, I was experimenting and swapping coils around. The TJ coils got me right about 4.5" after settling. All my drop stuff starts here: https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/growing-up-doesnt-have-to-suck.93510/post-1394964

I doubt it would be that anymore. I did a fair bit of looking, and the prices are within 10% of each other everywhere. I ended up getting the best price for the BT kit on eBay with free shipping (no small thing since those spindles are HEAVY). I found the DJM kit in a few places. Once I factored in shipping, they were within $5 everywhere, with DJM being the least expensive with their flat-rate shipping. Parts ordered. Now I can work on the free travel mod while I have a few days off at Christmas.

Cool! Movin on in life. Here's my FTM stuff. Note the UCA. I detached it from the axle, loosened the frame side, rotated it up outta the way then tightened the frame side bolt to hold it. Only took a few seconds with the impact to not have that arm in the way.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01