Replacing fog lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randy Whistler

Living the dream! I'm just not sure who's dream
Reaction score
Anyone have any take-off fog lights from a 2000 Chevrolet Tahoe LS? The lenses on mine are busted out(I know, shocking isn't it? :rolleyes:) and I want to replace them with working units.

I'm open to aftermarket items as long as they fit. I thought about LEDs but decided against them, too complicated for what I want to accomplish. If there are any recommended aftermarket parts that would be a good choice, I'm all ears. . .

Gamzzz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I replaced mine with LED pods and it was very simple and easy to install, I could even use the stock mounting bracket. Just pair the wires to the stock ones and they even work with the stock fog light switch.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced mine with LED pods and it was very simple and easy to install, I could even use the stock mounting bracket. Just pair the wires to the stock ones and they even work with the stock fog light switch.

I did that on my denali and it worked great, but keep in mind they are no longer "fog lights" at that point and are now "off road lights." The aiming is completely different.

That being said the factory fog lights in stock form are basically candles in an aluminum foil cup. Not very effective...

OP
OP
Randy Whistler

Randy Whistler

Living the dream! I'm just not sure who's dream
Reaction score
Do you have part number/source for the LED replacements? It sounds like they're a fairly simple replacement/install and if so, then I might as well upgrade to LED. Been wanting to upgrade anyway so why not. . . :cool:

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have hid projector fog lights. View attachment 223011

I would 100% go this route next time. Fogs with a cutoff and serious output would be sweet. High output bulbs in the stock fogs just bleed light everywhere. It would be real tough to get a projector to fit in the rectangular housing on the escalade though.

Wish it had the nice round ones like the z71 and denali bumpers.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have part number/source for the LED replacements? It sounds like they're a fairly simple replacement/install and if so, then I might as well upgrade to LED. Been wanting to upgrade anyway so why not. . . :cool:
Probably just generic amazon/ebay lights. Thats how I did my denali

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got them all finished up this weekend!

IMAG0027-MOTION.gif

Off
IMAG0034.jpg

LED "fogs"
IMAG0029.jpg

Lows (9011 HIR bulbs)
IMAG0032.jpg

Lows + LEDs
IMAG0033.jpg

6 High
IMAG0035.jpg

6 High again:
IMAG0023.jpg

Brackets upside down. I can adjust them up/down and left/right and even clock them a couple of degrees.
IMAG0009.jpg

Much longer wire than necessary. I have it wrapped around a bumper support.
IMAG0001.jpg

Off:

IMAG0021.jpg

Heres the pics from my denali

1ssreda4's post that gave me the idea.

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/led-fog-light-conversion-for-denali.66892/

Obviously these are round so slightly different than yours but should give you an idea about how its done.