Replacing fog lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I would 100% go this route next time. Fogs with a cutoff and serious output would be sweet. High output bulbs in the stock fogs just bleed light everywhere. It would be real tough to get a projector to fit in the rectangular housing on the escalade though.

Wish it had the nice round ones like the z71 and denali bumpers.
These fit in my rectangular opening. Iirc Escalade and Yukon fogs are he same except different mounting hardware

Last edited:

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I custom mounted them to the factory bracket. They fit perfectly in the opening. Just barely wedged and snug in the rectangle opening which keeps them from vibrating and flopping around View attachment 223103

OIC That looks quite good on your truck. I fear that If I tried to do that on my esky front it would look like something was missing. I was thinking more along the lines of a typical retrofit where the projector was installed into the housing behind a lense. I dunno maybe im overthinking it and should just try ordering some cheapo projectors and see how it looks lol.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
OIC That looks quite good on your truck. I fear that If I tried to do that on my esky front it would look like something was missing. I was thinking more along the lines of a typical retrofit where the projector was installed into the housing behind a lense. I dunno maybe im overthinking it and should just try ordering some cheapo projectors and see how it looks lol.
I was wondering if you meant a retro. Yea mine are pretty hidden and I don’t feel like they’re out of place. A retrofit would be super hard in those housings. Up to you , I like my idea and I think they will look good on your esky. Just $50 to try out

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the Morimoto (880 bulb /35w / 5500k) HID harness kit. I believe it will be fine in my stock fog housing. I'm waiting for inspiration to install it.

It'll just burn up the stock fog housing and absolutely blind everyone most likely

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
If the housing gets damaged, I'll have a conversation with Morimoto. They said it would be ok.

...... I don't plan to just drive with them, just want bright light for those moments.
I used a 35w hid kit in my stock housings for almost 3 years. They do get hot and the only damage was the chrome was starting to turn black in some areas. But no melting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickyrick63