Replaced starter and flexplate. Still have popping grinding noise?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McFizzl

Broke as a Joke.
Reaction score
Idk what's wrong with this truck. It's still making noise. It's making a popping,squeaking,grinding noise. No idea what it is. U joints look fine. Took one of the drums apart and it was like new. I feel like the tranny or rear end is about to go. So I will probably sell the truck. It's been nothing but a nightmare and has cost me about 2000 bucks just to get it where it's at now. I'm frustrated with it and tired of throwing money at it. If anyone thinks they know what it is please tell me.

OP
OP
McFizzl

McFizzl

Broke as a Joke.
Reaction score
im not noticing it driving. Only seems to happen backing out of the driveway. Like a fast squeak,squeak,squeak,squeak,squeak. Not too loud but I can hear it with the window down.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
fizz that fast squeak has got to been at the drive-shaft speed. if you can do it safely put the rear axle on jack stands and block the front wheels let those babies spin in reverse and stick an air hose in your ear to use as a stethoscope.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA