Removing Rear Coil Springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LoHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine been making that noise in the front end when i go over a bump or turn the wheel. not sure what its front yet. checked to make sure it was all torqued already.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
have you disconnected rear shocks and tried if that was the issue?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
yes like i said last week. Just unloosen off lower shock mount and let them hang freely and then jump on bumper see if stops. If it does then its the shocks or just 1 shock. Ive seen this many times before

OP
OP
YukonCrazy

YukonCrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes like i said last week. Just unloosen off lower shock mount and let them hang freely and then jump on bumper see if stops. If it does then its the shocks or just 1 shock. Ive seen this many times before

But jumping on the rear bumper now does not make the sound. I am guessing that maybe 2 sumo wrestlers jumping on the back bumper might do it. :)

Maybe I can make a temp speed bump in my driveway with wood blocls and drive over that.

houstontaylor

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but, for the benefit of others, my 2003 Tahoe is making loud popping-like sounds in the rear during turns. Especially audible during sharp turns at low speed. I replaced the sway bar insulator bushings and links and it's still there. Put the Chassis Ears on the body mount bushing bolts - nothing. Putting Chassis Ears on the rear control arms revealed nothing. Just put the Chassis Ears on the rear coil springs and bingo! They are the source of the noise. Probably the spring isolators. I do have 330,000 miles and 20 years on it.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but, for the benefit of others, my 2003 Tahoe is making loud popping-like sounds in the rear during turns. Especially audible during sharp turns at low speed. I replaced the sway bar insulator bushings and links and it's still there. Put the Chassis Ears on the body mount bushing bolts - nothing. Putting Chassis Ears on the rear control arms revealed nothing. Just put the Chassis Ears on the rear coil springs and bingo! They are the source of the noise. Probably the spring isolators. I do have 330,000 miles and 20 years on it.
Let us know when you fix it and what was done, please.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE