Rear window defroster wire broke off the window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corvettetim

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello group, The other day I was detailing the 07 Yukon Denali and I accidently hit the defroster wire on the rear window and it came off. Looks like a solder connection. Was wondering if a dab of JB weld would work to fix it. I think JB weld is conductive to electricity but not sure. Any ideas ? Thanks

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello group, The other day I was detailing the 07 Yukon Denali and I accidently hit the defroster wire on the rear window and it came off. Looks like a solder connection. Was wondering if a dab of JB weld would work to fix it. I think JB weld is conductive to electricity but not sure. Any ideas ? Thanks
better to re-solder it back on if possible, but there is some stuff out there called frost fighter, not cheap though

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the one that works!
Tried permatex defroster tab repair kit, it adhered the tab, but defroster did not work at all.
Used frost fighter over the top of it and along the edges and it works perfectly.

OP
OP
C

corvettetim

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

OP
OP
C

corvettetim

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That's the one that works!
Tried permatex defroster tab repair kit, it adhered the tab, but defroster did not work at all.
Used frost fighter over the top of it and along the edges and it works perfectly.
Where can you get frost fighter ? Any parts store ?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't think you could use heat on the glass, but I guess a solder iron might work. Thanks
people have done it, I think they try and heat up the glass first so it won't just shatter, I had bought the rear glass for mine from the dealer and a short while later the tab came off so I took it back to them and they soldered it back on, no charge because it was under warranty so it can be done.
actually that was the 2nd glass I had got from them under warranty because the first one the hinge came unglued from the glass and they just gave me another new glass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz