Rear Glass Defroster Cord

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BarryvG

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You're luck the tabs STAYED connected to the glass. The tab on my '13 got pulled off the glass & is just hanging. The skeezy Chevy dealership I bought it from in El Paso didn't disclose a few things like this.

My local Chevy dealership said there is a local place that will re-connect it for $80, but I have not had time to get back to the mainland from our island. I'm not as trusting of the conductive glue on the market, especially as it's colder now & it might not "set" properly. The way yours looks it DOES look like you could solder it back on & leave it a little thicker for holding power. Good luck...

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just used this on mine. A quick test this morning, with just a little frost on the window, seemed to be working. Didn't see much action coming off the side window though. :/

-bZj
I thought the side windows were a antenna, not a defroster?

Down8

Reaction score
I thought the side windows were a antenna, not a defroster?
That so? Learn somethin' new every day.... :shrug: I was just wondering why my radio station got fuzzy when someone pulled up on that side of me earlier today.

I assumed defroster, b/c that's the only side a driver could see out of. It'd make sense to clear the frost off that one. And it'd make sense to put an antenna on the other window, since the driver wouldn't be using it (and like the XM antenna, it'd get better signal on that side of the vehicle when in a city-valley).

.... I added some high temperature epoxy as extra measure and it's working good. I added epoxy to the other side as well.
This seems like a good idea, to reinforce the weak solder joint. I'm going to look into this.

I put some weight on my dangling cord for a couple days before re-attaching it, to try and stretch it out. But doing more to prevent future breaks seems worthwhile.

-bZj

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frost Fighter or you’ll be fighting it. It’s the only electrically conductive epoxy made afaik and the stuff will repair even the most damaged solder pad area that no other method will. I tried the other methods and they all failed sooner or later. Frost Fighter has been working for years on mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts