Rear Glass Defroster Cord

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2001 TX Tahoe

Reaction score
2016 GMC Yukon XL SLT. There are two coiled cords / wires that connect to the rear glass defroster. One of them came off the glass. I can't tell if it was glued on or soldered on. Any idea? I don't want to just use regular super glue if it was soldered or requires a special adhesive that conducts the heat / electricity.

Attachments

• rear glass 1.jpg
    rear glass 1.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 8
  • rear glass 2.jpg
    rear glass 2.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 9

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Solder it back on.

I’ve had to do both sides on the 2015 Yukon XL Denali and just found one to be detached on my wife’s 2019 Escalade ESV.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Frost Fighter is one of the recommended adhesives.

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used one of the special adhesive on my 06 and it didn't work. Tried several times and terminal kept following off with little resistance. I made sure I was following the instructions too.

I wound up just soldering back on. It's kinda hard because you are soldering overhead. I added some high temperature epoxy as extra measure and it's working good. I added epoxy to the other side as well.

houstontaylor

Reaction score
I tried gluing mine back on with the electrically conductive glue but they kept coming off so I finally got new glass with the new electrical connector tabs. I noticed that the new tabs had been redesigned to resist side load from the coiled electrical cord. If you don't get new glass you could try stretching out the coiled electrical cord with a heat gun or torch but that's probably a one way permanent operation. I recommend the new improved glass with better electrical tabs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar