Right/rear window, rolled up & now unresponsive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello. Cruising this morning. I had all 4 windows down (think my kid farted).

Then put 4 fingers in driver’s switch & rolled them all up. Now they are all good but the right/rear door. Unresponsive.

Ideas?

Something funny going on, couple times lately, turn key, no power. Then fine.

I kind of popped into Doubleive’s thread. Just asked if he was cool w/me thread jacking (like 5 minutes ago).

Ideas/help? Very clean car w/25k original miles.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. Great post on a few points. Weather good enough for windows down, have a kid that farts at will, Dad not too serious to mention it and a 2500 with low miles. On to your concern. Does it do this with door switch and driver switch? The power loss you mentioned, is it total vehicle power or window power that acts up?

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like rear left and rear right windows use different grounds.
Zone 11 and Zone 12. Zone 12 ground might be worth checking.
bground.jpg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello. Cruising this morning. I had all 4 windows down (think my kid farted).

Then put 4 fingers in driver’s switch & rolled them all up. Now they are all good but the right/rear door. Unresponsive.

Ideas?

Something funny going on, couple times lately, turn key, no power. Then fine.

I kind of popped into Doubleive’s thread. Just asked if he was cool w/me thread jacking (like 5 minutes ago).

Ideas/help? Very clean car w/25k original miles.
unresponsive from both drivers door switch and rear door switch?
if so then I would first check all your fuses just because...
a poor ground or low battery could cause your "no power" issue which may or may not be related, usually windows will work even if other things do not.
still I would check the battery and grounds anyway to try and resolve the power issue
once that is hopefully corrected if the window still does not operate then pull the door panel off and get a meter and start checking for power at both the switch and window motor.
1 window switch going bad would not be uncommon, both at the same time is less common but possible, the meter should point you the right direction. motor or switch or no power at all.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving clarifying questions and sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

OP
OP
Reaction score
Hello BigMama, Mike71,Wes, and Joseph. THANK YOU so much for taking the time to pop in & share information.

1. OK, Big Mama, Everything else is working fine, but the driver's switch for the left/rear window, and the switch on the rear door, do nothing. There is no clicking or sounds of any kind of movement.

2. OK, Mike71. Great schematic and information. I will check those first today. I am starting to read, these years have electrical & grounding issues it seems.

3. OK, Wes. Yeah, unresponsive on both. Will check fuses too. If none of these things work, I will remove the4 door panel & check for power. Good steps to follow.

4. Joseph, thank you for the welcome.

I will add some photos.

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello BigMama, Mike71,Wes, and Joseph. THANK YOU so much for taking the time to pop in & share information.

1. OK, Big Mama, Everything else is working fine, but the driver's switch for the left/rear window, and the switch on the rear door, do nothing. There is no clicking or sounds of any kind of movement.

2. OK, Mike71. Great schematic and information. I will check those first today. I am starting to read, these years have electrical & grounding issues it seems.

3. OK, Wes. Yeah, unresponsive on both. Will check fuses too. If none of these things work, I will remove the4 door panel & check for power. Good steps to follow.

4. Joseph, thank you for the welcome.

I will add some photos.
on previous generations i have seen the master (drivers) switch go bad (once) and cause the rear switch not to work as well, not sure if the design is even similar
but checking for voltage at the motor is a first step.
if the motor is getting 12v and doing nothing then the motor is bad or the regulator is jammed up, usually the regulators crap out and the window gets stuck or jams part way or something of that nature. in that case you can unbolt the motor and see if it moves alone without the regulator.
after market regulators are usually fine to use, but aftermarket motors are junk. if it turns out to be the motor I would recomend oem even if it is used.

OP
OP
Reaction score
Again. My photos aren't great. Side shots need to be redone, cut off the ends. Too big, doing some cropping.

Attachments

• IMG_7177.jpeg
    IMG_7177.jpeg
    241 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0699.png
    IMG_0699.png
    755.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7156.jpeg
    IMG_7156.jpeg
    257.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7155.jpeg
    IMG_7155.jpeg