Rare or unique options on OBS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tbruz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interested in finding out about what rare or unique options(if any) were available from GM for our OBS rides.

Ones I'm aware of:
skid plates
fog lights
heated seats/mirrors
Tow package
leather interior
larger capacity alternator
posi rear

any others??
Thanks
Tbruz

Y2KpewterZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost all of the ones Ive looked at, or owned by people I know.. all of them had a G80 (although its rare it still operates correctly lol) skid plates,.and over half of them were leather.

But I agree with the Fog lights.. so the entire trim package (z71 or limited) seem relatively rare. I havent hardly seen any heated mirrors/seats in the junk yards.

But how about the 6.5 in the 2doors, or the Z71 Sport optioned 2doors. My g/f had a white/grey 98 2 door sport with the Z71 RPO. I was suprised they didnt smother it with Z71 stickers or emblems lol.

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
Interested in finding out about what rare or unique options(if any) were available from GM for our OBS rides.

Ones I'm aware of:
skid plates z71 package
fog lights
heated seats/mirrorsescalade/denali
Tow package trans cooler
leather interior there was the normal leather and the two tone in the denali/escalade/limited/z71?
larger capacity alternator an AD244 140/145amp alternator from a 2003 tahoe will fit with a longer belt.
posi rear G80 locker

any others??
Thanks
Tbruz

Some of these aren't really options per say, but they are interchangeable for the most part with our trucks.

100mph speedo standard
110mph factory ordered option on trucks (maybe suburbans too)
120mph speedo in denali/escalade
130mph speedo in z56 police tahoes

2wd fog lights (switch mounts in the spot for the electronic 4x4 switch)
4x4 fog lights (switch mounts in the bottom spot of the vertical stack of switches)

DRL daytime running light switch in z56 police tahoes

AUX auxiliary switch in z56 police tahoes

Fuel switch found in some late production 3500 series trucks

denali/escalade also have different door panels, steering wheels, center console

cupholder/cd tray for the normal center console

6.5 diesel trucks have holes in the bumper for more airflow. They used the same bumper on the z71 to mount fog lights in.

z71 tahoe aluminum brush bar and fender flares

audiovox overhead console with tv screen in late production tahoes

w/t work trucks had no trim on the bumpers or body, just chrome/paint. The bumpers are solid without the holes in them for the trim.

fog light bumper valence

454ss 14bsf rear axle with 5x5 lug pattern

the pickup trucks had a different overhead console. The s10 blazer DIC will fit and most features of the DIC will work on 98-00 trucks

steering wheel with radio controls from an s10 blazer

underhood reel work lights

2nd battery tray or storage box

Monstar_est87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Surprisingly I just happen to have all of these rare items... Except for the skid plates... Some of them installed (either from factory or myself at some point) and some of them in stock...

rolfsent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a audiovox overhead screen with VCR in my garage. The suburban it came out of also had a tv tuner connected. My 1999 Tahoe also had that same overhead unit. Denali had rear heated seats, automatic headlights, at least my Denali had them.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a audiovox overhead screen with VCR in my garage. The suburban it came out of also had a tv tuner connected. My 1999 Tahoe also had that same overhead unit. Denali had rear heated seats, automatic headlights, at least my Denali had them.

Rear heated seats in OBS??

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
92-94 tan interior. Hard as **** to find parts. Actually have yet to see any tan interior parts:(

inthechateau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saw a 98 with 6.5 diesel and manual trany. I have not seen many Tahoe's with manual, can count maybe 5 I have run across.

2DR4EVR

Reaction score
My two door has barn door style doors as opposed to a tail gate. I've only seen two other 2 doors with this setup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts