Rare or unique options on OBS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

white7wolf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I prefer having the barn doors actually. Then again im 6'3" so i nail my head on liftgates constantly. My truck and my bosses truck both have barn doors lol.

Sent from my galaxy s3

newbie78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I prefer having the barn doors actually. Then again im 6'3" so i nail my head on liftgates constantly. My truck and my bosses truck both have barn doors lol.

Sent from my galaxy s3

Mine has a tailgate and I'm the same height. I like the tailgate better because I'm a contractor I use it to work on things. Plus I can put sheets of plywood and other materials and let it hang out over the tailgate and leave the glass open. Hauling long lumber and plywood with barn doors would suck to me.

99 2dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Barn doors aren't that rare, I purchased 3 of them from the forest service. From 92-95 the forest service only purchased 2 door tahoe's with manuals. I bought and sold 6 of them.

Mean_Green

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some of these aren't really options per say, but they are interchangeable for the most part with our trucks.

4x4 fog lights (switch mounts in the bottom spot of the vertical stack of switches)

fog light bumper valence
Old post quote alert ....

Is the wiring there so it's all plug and play?

Mean_Green

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has a tailgate and I'm the same height. I like the tailgate better because I'm a contractor I use it to work on things. Plus I can put sheets of plywood and other materials and let it hang out over the tailgate and leave the glass open. Hauling long lumber and plywood with barn doors would suck to me.
'Nother old post quote. Let me know if that's annoying, because I just got here and am reading back through some of these to find information I need. Some boards don't like bumping old posts.

I hunted for the barn doors. I hate tailgates. As for long loads, I can't do it with the Taurus wagon. The glass opens separately and not having the tailgate properly closed and latched puts the glass at an odd angle and increases the risk of breakage. Barn doors give me the option of laying the load flat and tying the doors closed.

As for the comment on rarity of barn doors, I think that was related to the two door body style. Seems to be a lot more common on the four door.

Mean_Green

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Old post quote alert ....

Is the wiring there so it's all plug and play?
Three unused connectors stashed behind the dash near those blanks, so at least that portion is. Not sure about the rest.

What are the other two blank spots for?

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two are possibly for rear hatch release and rear wiper. Mine (tailgate model) has the above plus a single connector tucked back there and wrapped in foam. It is not the one that was used for fog lights. I couldn’t find a good match in the GM manual, but would guess it was for some police/government type option.

Too, the terminal pins are not there in the convenience center block (by the parking brake) where the stock fog light relay would go.

So, my 98 is definitely not pre-wired for fog lights. Since they weren’t a factory option until the 2000 Z71/Limiteds, it seemed reasonable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk

Latest posts