Hello 2018 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AR_Black

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, joined and did some research. I probably read most of the threads in this section.

Then purchased 2018 Tahoe LT with Texas Package.
Pepperdust Metallic (Gray)

A local chain that sells only nice used vehicles had a few available, I choose this one because it has Leather and 2nd row captains chairs.

It also has some other options that I don't care about. These just boosted the price. Stuff I don't care about include:
1-Sun & Entertainment package (sunroof and DVD player)
2-Texas Edition

But it does have - and I like - these options. Some of them came on the Texas Package or the Luxury Package
-Keyless (Push button start)
-MAX Trailer package - includes 3.42 rear axle, heavy duty transmission cooler, brake controller, and Z85 Suspension Package (rear air shocks)
-collision avoidance
-Second row captains chairs
-heated seats

The other contender was a 2017 in Silver, with black aftermarket wheels - although it had 10,000 miles less it had the bench seat, only the regular tow equipment, regular keyed ignition, and none of the 'fancier' options...price was $1000 less. So I went with the 2018 with more miles but higher price.... mainly chose the 2018 because of the 2nd row captains chairs, but I do consider the keyless ignition and Max trailer package a bonus.

What I plan to do:
1. Research (and install) mudflaps ... I live on a gravel/dirt road, muddy all spring.
2. Remove 3rd row seats for extra cargo capacity.
3. Replace center high-stop light. I did not notice it was broken and doesn't work. Already ordered $45 non-OEM light and watch a youtube.
4. Purchase retractable cargo cover (if I can find black at a reasonable price)
5. Temporary tag is taped in the rear window .... install cool "license plate" for the front AND rear ... wait until last day of temp tag to put on the real plate (rear plate only in the state where it is registered).

Finally, I should of pulled all the dealer photos from their website.... once I got home they had already deleted the webpage of the vehicle.

OP
OP
AR_Black

AR_Black

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ordered for rear plate... currently has a 30-day temporary tag (taped in rear window).

plate 1.png

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach!

Excellent choice! Unless I missed it how many miles on your 2018 Tahoe?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, joined and did some research. I probably read most of the threads in this section.

Then purchased 2018 Tahoe LT with Texas Package.
Pepperdust Metallic (Gray)

A local chain that sells only nice used vehicles had a few available, I choose this one because it has Leather and 2nd row captains chairs.

It also has some other options that I don't care about. These just boosted the price. Stuff I don't care about include:
1-Sun & Entertainment package (sunroof and DVD player)
2-Texas Edition

But it does have - and I like - these options. Some of them came on the Texas Package or the Luxury Package
-Keyless (Push button start)
-MAX Trailer package - includes 3.42 rear axle, heavy duty transmission cooler, brake controller, and Z85 Suspension Package (rear air shocks)
-collision avoidance
-Second row captains chairs
-heated seats

The other contender was a 2017 in Silver, with black aftermarket wheels - although it had 10,000 miles less it had the bench seat, only the regular tow equipment, regular keyed ignition, and none of the 'fancier' options...price was $1000 less. So I went with the 2018 with more miles but higher price.... mainly chose the 2018 because of the 2nd row captains chairs, but I do consider the keyless ignition and Max trailer package a bonus.

What I plan to do:
1. Research (and install) mudflaps ... I live on a gravel/dirt road, muddy all spring.
2. Remove 3rd row seats for extra cargo capacity.
3. Replace center high-stop light. I did not notice it was broken and doesn't work. Already ordered $45 non-OEM light and watch a youtube.
4. Purchase retractable cargo cover (if I can find black at a reasonable price)
5. Temporary tag is taped in the rear window .... install cool "license plate" for the front AND rear ... wait until last day of temp tag to put on the real plate (rear plate only in the state where it is registered).

Finally, I should of pulled all the dealer photos from their website.... once I got home they had already deleted the webpage of the vehicle.
Welcome plastic rifle aficionado! Seems like you done good, the gears and extra cooling capacity are always a plus and can't hurt if you never use them.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

OP
OP
AR_Black

AR_Black

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Shakedown cruise today, 360 mile round trip. Average 21 MPG on interstate at 75 MPH, and using featherweight shoes instead of my leadfoot.

No problems. Overcast/Sunny. Cooler weather about 28 degrees, heat works great, heated seats nice and toasty.

Figured out the lane departure feature, drove for a bit with no hands ... but not something I will make a regular habit!

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome and enjoy your new ride.
1. I would look at the Husky mud flaps, GM and Weather Tech are two others but more expensive.
2. There is a how to with pictures on this forum for the third row removal, a quick Google search should pull it up.
3. Be careful with aftermarket lights, hopefully good reviews. Sometimes they don't like to play well with the factory electronics. Lots of sources for GM parts instead of the high priced Dealers, never pay full price, Ebay, Rockauto, Amazon just to name a few.
4. Possibly check Ebay for a good price on a used cargo cover.
5. Your choice on tag.
Hopefully you received a Carfax which has good information about the history, find a Chevy Dealer and see if they can pull the history of any work done at a GM Dealer also the Carfax should show which GM Dealer serviced the Tahoe and you could always contact them directly to see if they will provide the service history.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518