Random jerk in motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No that's right behind the harmonic balancer...I pulled it earlier. Big plug. Don't know what that is... It's on the other side of the oil pan.

I had that wrong, in the picture I posted that plug goes to the bottom of the power steering pump. It is in the same harness loom as the crankshaft position sensor (large white plug).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

sarge77

Reaction score
I had that wrong, in the picture I posted that plug goes to the bottom of the power steering pump. It is in the same harness loom as the crankshaft position sensor (large white plug).

Wow i see that now. I don't have that on my pump and it's been replaced multiple times due to the lift and large tires. Gotta check into this. I'm not sure that plug would even reach that far in mine... But thank you.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it is the connector for the solenoid control valve for the EVO system. Yours may have been deleted, I remember reading where some people have done that as the system can be problematic.

OP
OP
S

sarge77

Reaction score
I think it is the connector for the solenoid control valve for the EVO system. Yours may have been deleted, I remember reading where some people have done that as the system can be problematic.

Yep you're totally right just researched it. Guess I'll leave it be.

On3honksgo

Reaction score
This is crazy man. I'm in the exact same boat. On the highway in OD slight miss and or sudden jerk. It's annoy as hell. I have searched alot on tahoeyoukon and fullsizechevy. But no real definitive anwser. When going over about 45ish so in OD, at steady throttle, I have a quick miss/stutter thats only brief, but very noticeable and annoying.

THINGS REPLACED withing last 4k below

Monster trans stage 3 with HD tc
Summit racing billet distributor
Ac delco plugs
Taylor wires
Head gaskets up
Much much more, but thats all problem areas were I replaced stuff it could be.

Cleared my p0146 (cam sensor retard code)With a live scanner

I do have 2 check engine codes for p0420 and 0430. By I'm going to get my MagnaFlow high-flow cats welded on tomorrow to clear those

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have the oxygen sensors been checked with a scanner? P0146 is also an oxygen sensor code.

While a bad converter could be the issue, a bad oxygen sensor could also throw the P0420/0430 codes. A rich fuel condition could also be a culprit, reducing catalyst efficiency and causing the catalytic converters to be damaged with the unburned fuel. In other words, the new cats may be damaged if there is another underlying issue causing the codes.

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get ahold of that MAC scanner again. I know you said you did the live data thing already, but what all was observed? I find that graphing only a few different circuits exclusively makes the short-cycled intermittent hiccups more pronounced

On3honksgo

Reaction score
Well i just replaced both cats with magnaflow hi flows, and replaced all 4 o2 sensors and a new fuel filter. That cleared all my previous codes and my jerk/hiccup about 90% to were it was barley noticeable. I took it in for emissions and it passed and was perfect. Well today It started doing the jerk/hiccup worse than it had been. And it's throwing 3 codes p0157, p0160, and p0161, all banks 2 sensor 2 codes. Anybody experienced this.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The factory manual has the diagnostic procedures for each DTC. Those could indicate a bad wire/ground or sensor.

You can get the procedures from alldatadiy.com which is a subscription service. I think it's around $30 per year, and would probably be worthwhile looking at so you can resolve the codes.

For example, here is the P0157 for a 1998...

37C1D449-4015-4F99-B486-ABD781187305_zps2ip3sp2e.gif

6C6CB951-9913-4DEE-8474-51A4291FFF32_zpsyxnsearm.gif

5914722F-1266-4134-99CF-0811E1DC58A6_zps4e9h7t4u.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amada