Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats the plan...

f'n $600 summit order with hose and fittings coming today i think, should be able to button up coolant system and the power steering/hydroboost lines.

then waiting on the turbo charge pipes to come and will have to do a little cutting on them

still havent put exhaust back in - i think a cutout would help, a lot. there's like 15' of exhaust on this thing that im sure won't help the turbo spool up, it's all straight thru stuff but a lot of pipe. 4" would be plenty if all i had was a fender exit or something short but big turbo wants to breath

You're moving quick. Its gonna be a ******* beast.

Screw it. Cut hole in fender. Route exhaust to said hole. Done

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not much gets done after work, usually only have an hour or two of daylight by the time i get home.
I made up the other large 16an hose from waterpump to the engine and made the hoses for the cabin heater cores. bent up a hard line for the return from the hydroboost unit and steering rack cooler into a Y, it will be a flexible line from there to the reservoir since there is just a hose barb fitting there, too short to make into some sort of threaded fitting. need to run a line from the pump to the hydroboost, i wanted to do it with hardline so i ordered another 2x48" pieces of tubing. just want to make surei dont get in the way of intercooler pipes

At this point, all im really waiting on to start it up is a couple of reducers for the coolant system, 16an to 10an for the cabin hvac and overflow hoses. i thought they were 8an and thats what i ordered a while ago and theyve been sitting there in, but the firewall fittings i could only get 10an (5/8) hose to go over the barbs so i changed it all over to that and the fittings werent going to ship till estimated 7/22. so i just ordered different brand sposed to be in stock and here by this weekend. I can sta

also kind of need the intercooler piping but i have enough pieces to scrap it together to start, idle, and check a few things.

Wanted to keep all the lines on that side to mount catch can/s on other side

20200709_183016.jpg 20200709_183009.jpg 20200709_183011.jpg

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great work on the lines. That shit takes a bit of a learning curve. I did some hardlines for the transmission on my c-10 that had some complex bends and had to match (hard line to frame then -6AN to trans). Kudos on a job well done. I approve

found pics. Iphone 4 quality...
1971ADDC-C47D-4506-A2B1-98699A08DF5F.jpeg 05B33119-A12B-4CE5-85C4-84BEABF8E567.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, if I can make it look clean it looks a lot better than hose.
I've been bending pipe for 20 years (electrician) so getting the bends and angles and direction isn't too much different. It's that I want to make the entire thing one piece and try to figure out how to weave it into place that doesn't always work out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts