Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just as much time as i've ever had :(

prob working more now that office has set everyone up with remote access. so now i get to travel down and make sure the toilets can still flush in broward county all week. and in my free time do design work for south florida water management projects

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
waiting on engine to get done/returned...havent really bugged them much. i called a week ago or so said they got it safe and hadnt torn it apart yet.

kind of holding up on doing other things to see how much /\s going to cost me.

when i pulled the engine, the converter wanted to stay in the center pilot of the flex plate and drug the converter out of the transmission (unknown to me) and with a 4x4 you only have about 2 inches you can come forward before you need to raise engine up, so i did all that with the f'n converter still between engine/trans and cocked it all to hell probably put a lot of pressure on the trans pump. i may pull the trans and take it somewhere local to throw on a dyno just to make sure i didnt damage anything if i can find somewhere at this time.

with the stupid belt problems lately:

i went through everything and put a plan together to delete EVERYTHING, mount the alternator low with short belt, the bracket to work with truck balancer (and keep ac!) is only like $65/15 bux for a belt. this would eliminate the powersteering pump (see below)
551512-3_1.jpg

meziere 55gpm remount mount water pump, 417 motorsports water manifold...bmw has an oem PWM controlled electric water pump about 50gpm iirc. this could be achieved a lot cheaper but would like to have very good quality pump, there are other pieces that can mount in place of the water manifold but with this i could keep the heaters in the loop, steam ports into the top, clean install, minimal amount of fittings to leak.
Anodized_EWM_Front_1024x1024@2x.jpg

electric steering rack out of a hybrid, from what i hear powered with no input reference (speed input) they have a default assist which works fine. im not sure if the lower mounted alternator will work with the stock steering rack also these are kind of expensive used $400-700, $1500+ new may grab cheapest one i can find to see if it all works first

brakes - would either go back to vacuum booster OR volvo/ford have an electric power steering pump that does the same thing as above with no input reference it has a default pressure that works fine these can be had for about $100. these pumps are oem quality i've heard of people using them for power steering rack AND hydroboost brakes so no doubt they would be adequate. i may go this route first if the hydraulic rack will work with the lower alternator mount and see how it does. as little as this thing gets driven and usually only when nice out i might delete the ABS block/pump

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow you really must love working on this thing! That seems like a lot to do. Good luck.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thing's a lot bigger than I thought.
Volvo electric power steering(eps) unit. Seeing the size of this thing really no doubt it'll run steering rack and hydroboost. got all the correct fittings for the hydroboost unit to use an lines - will use combo of ptfe and stainless hard lines. eps uses a 16mm x 1.5 thread like the hydroboost but where the o-ring seats in it is pretty big, i had some neoprene orings from injectors that worked perfectly but i need to make sure they're ok with power steering fluid may need to get viton or epr
20200413_205553.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo