Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
started tinkering with cts-v.. researching some mods :emotions36:

pulled the air filter out - it looked like crap, really doubtful that was from me having it two weeks, looked like someone tried to wash it out but its paper. i may grab a cone filter system for it eventually but wanted to replace it asap. amazon has $90 afe dry filters for cheaper than acdelco/wix...so i grabbed 2 of them

swapping the supercharger lid, specifically from these on the cts-v, appears to be worth 20hp+. the lids are lower profile (less plenum volume) than the corvette lt4 lids. but there are also companies selling billet lids with a contoured flow. replacing the intercooler bricks in the sc seem to also help but seems money can be spent elsewhere for better return at stockish level.

pulled the hose for the PCV system back to the intake and there wasnt much oil residue but will prob still grab a catch can at some point

debating on whether or not i want to venture into another chiller mess...
Might have make another build thread :cool:

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah, he’s not going to be doing anything to it….just gonna leave it alone…:emotions33:

this is excruciating... do you know how little self control i have?

it only costs like 1400 to port the damn blower from jokerz,
better lid, lower pulley, upper pulley, intake,

if i pull the blower i would probably go ahead and cam/dod delete it since itll be down a couple weeks :oops:
send the heads out to frankenstein for cnc...

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is excruciating... do you know how little self control i have?

it only costs like 1400 to port the damn blower from jokerz,
better lid, lower pulley, upper pulley, intake,

if i pull the blower i would probably go ahead and cam/dod delete it since itll be down a couple weeks :oops:
send the heads out to frankenstein for cnc...
I figured about 2 weeks after you bought it you’d be doing SOMETHING to it that was a little more like what you’re talking about. Is it getting close to 2 weeks?

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wednesday is two weeks i think
i need to leave it alone enjoy it being under warranty.
when it gets closer to out of warranty ill start collecting parts

also having yukon "working" satisfies the urge for the most part. so ive been in a rush to button up some of the lingering items. i ordered a new condenser (to rule any blockage in it out) and another accumulator, on the advice of some ac guys who sounded like they knew what they are talking about, to put on the chiller "circuit". theres one on the cabin ac circuit now.

i was explaining to them that the chiller would/could drop temps down into the low 30s, but i would have to charge so much freon into it that after i park it and start it back up it floods the compressor and psi shoots to the moon.

so they are thinking that as it sits and settles liquid fills the chiller heat exchanger and as soon as you hit the AC on again it just pulls all the liquid to the compressor (compressor supposed to suck vapor) so no bueno. the extra accumulator will give some reserve capacity for the liquid as well as allowing only vapor to be pulled to the compressor

i may also move the receiver/dryer that is only on the chiller side to before the high side TEE so both circuits can "draw" from it. it also allows for "storage" just on the high side line.

the stage 2 chiller throws another condenser in series with the stock one, but its confusing if that one also puts off heat, im worried ill just have more problems. ill see how pusher fan in front helps with just the stock condenser. im really not too concerned with having low low temps - its awesome seeing frost build up on the lines and stuff but really if i can keep intake temps like 70* and below im happy when its 100* outside

Last edited:
OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put a fan in, changed the condenser (picture is of old one) the fan i ordered from flexalite just kept backordering into november last time i checked. so i canceled it and tried finding something just as nice, ordered a "BeCool" fan, was just a spal fan repackaged, we'll see how it works
Going to need a handful of fittings to add another accumulator. I vacuumed it down just cause I wasn't sure when I'll get back to it, but I also wanted to swap out the orifice tube- the universal ot holder I got came with a .072 or something, I think stock is a .062 so may be flooding the cabin evaporator, I have a gm variable ot here I was going to throw in and try.
Need to put the trans cooler somewhere else also. 20210901_164204.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can stackthe transmission cooler out in front of it, which I may try and do, wasn't sure if the heat coming off of it is hurting also. But that is how the (smaller) stock cooler is and doesn't seem to be a prob

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can stackthe transmission cooler out in front of it, which I may try and do, wasn't sure if the heat coming off of it is hurting also. But that is how the (smaller) stock cooler is and doesn't seem to be a prob
Might as well since you don’t have an intercooler there. I had to put mine down behind the lower bumper opening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909

Latest posts