Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welp...I forgot step 1

Always double check every mf thing you buy cause there's a chance it's ****** up

Orifice tube, came assembled, with an arrow on it. Figured it'd be pretty hard to mess up, arrow going the wrong way blew the orifice tube into the hose. Might be why I'm having ac problems flooding the compressor. Fans already in tho may pull it forward, put trans cooler back where I had it and and blow thru all of it.
I was real close to not even changing the orifice tube also
20210902_184742.jpg
20210902_184749.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welp...I forgot step 1

Always double check every mf thing you buy cause there's a chance it's ****** up

Orifice tube, came assembled, with an arrow on it. Figured it'd be pretty hard to mess up, arrow going the wrong way blew the orifice tube into the hose. Might be why I'm having ac problems flooding the compressor. Fans already in tho may pull it forward, put trans cooler back where I had it and and blow thru all of it.
I was real close to not even changing the orifice tube also
View attachment 349357
View attachment 349358
WTF

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup pretty much what i said when i pulled it apart.

replaced the orifice tube with a gm "variable" one, not too sure how that works but gotta be better than that pos. put it all back together, i pulled a vacuum on it for like an hour, i moved the coolant overflow tank - it was right on top of the hose before the orifice tube but wanted to make sure heat from it wasnt messing anything up. took the hoses off i'll check it tomorrow to make sure its still holding vac and recharge it.

i put the trans cooler back where i had it and put the fan over all of it.

i'll recharge freon and see how it do tomorrow, mosquitoes are a little rough out there. need to put front end back together and wire this fan up some how.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well...ac definitely works hell of a lot better, chiller gets water temp down into the 40s in a few minutes. cabin ac blows ice cold, refrigerant pressure still jumps to 300psi or so after a long drive and then sitting in traffic. i kinda wish one of yall would/could log what it does normally, cause i think thats just what it does.
the pusher fan slows the ECT rise while the pressure is up there. seems like i can drive it comfortably with ac and chiller on ect will stay around 200*, in a little traffic, couple stop lights temp climbed to 214 before i got moving again. i have it installed in about the worst way - its against the trans cooler but the top 4" and the bottom 4" blow by it and are 2-3" from the condenser. could definitely be better but would of had to redo everything up front to make it good.

started making some crunchy axles noises again, only under hard accel so not easy to pinpoint. jacked it up wiggled some axles, passenger side felt "looser" so i swapped it. the axle i pulled out didnt look too bad on the inner joint not sure about the outer. the limiting strap clevis that goes thru the shock tower threads got ate up and i had to cut it off. that side was right under the downpipe so i couldnt really tighten it much anyway. i need to come up with a different way to hang that side.

still makes noise so i ordered another axle to swap in the driverside, but im almost wondering if its in the transfer case. i "feel" it at my feet when its starts clunking so im pretty sure its the axle, itll be here in a couple days and ill swap it.

other than that been running pretty good, doesnt seem to be pushing any air into the coolant system, waste gate dumps out the hood are annoying af, since ive been driving it a little i really want to gear it back down.. at like 90mph its turning about 3000rpm :oops:

Last edited:

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
well...ac definitely works hell of a lot better, chiller gets water temp down into the 40s in a few minutes. cabin ac blows ice cold, refrigerant pressure still jumps to 300psi or so after a long drive and then sitting in traffic. i kinda wish one of yall would/could log what it does normally, cause i think thats just what it does.
the pusher fan slows the ECT rise while the pressure is up there. seems like i can drive it comfortably with ac and chiller on ect will stay around 200*, in a little traffic, couple stop lights temp climbed to 214 before i got moving again. i have it installed in about the worst way - its against the trans cooler but the top 4" and the bottom 4" blow by it and are 2-3" from the condenser. could definitely be better but would of had to redo everything up front to make it good.

started making some crunchy axles noises again, only under hard accel so not easy to pinpoint. jacked it up wiggled some axles, passenger side felt "looser" so i swapped it. the axle i pulled out didnt look too bad on the inner joint not sure about the outer. the limiting strap clevis that goes thru the shock tower threads got ate up and i had to cut it off. that side was right under the downpipe so i couldnt really tighten it much anyway. i need to come up with a different way to hang that side.

still makes noise so i ordered another axle to swap in the driverside, but im almost wondering if its in the transfer case. i "feel" it at my feet when its starts clunking so im pretty sure its the axle, itll be here in a couple days and ill swap it.

other than that been running pretty good, doesnt seem to be pushing any air into the coolant system, waste gate dumps out the hood are annoying af, since ive been driving it a little i really want to gear it back down.. at like 90mph its turning about 3000rpm :oops:
Front diff mounts making noise?

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front diff mounts making noise?
Does that make a clunking noise at your feet? I've had that with the avalanche for years. Could see or feel anything loose in the front...

and @randeez if someone hasn't logged that for you by the time I get back, I'll do it for you in the avalanche. Be roughly a week from today

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will try and get time to see what mine does. I'll note, driving mine across country a few weeks ago, we would drive 200-250 miles and take a break. Every time we stopped while getting off the exit ramps, my cooling fans were on high, like as soon as it slowed to 40mph approaching the stoplight, fans were on high and stayed high pretty much all the time during our short stops. On the highway, they were off and nothing ever got hot. Maybe the pressures get high like you mentioned above.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo