Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess your truck eats more than fuel after all. It’s making parts disappear now.:lol:

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i also need clean out the post filter/get a cartridge for it

ordering one wouldnt be here till next week, i cleaned the one i had out with some brakeclean/air compressor

Last edited:
OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
first track outing sucked balls

got it back together, pump back in - gave it a couple shots out on the back roads. i changed to the 6lb springs while it was down, thinking it would make 10lbs or so and with the little boost controller i could add up to 20lbs if i wanted. of course with the 6lb springs it was about dead nuts on 6lbs, and wide open on the controller only made like 12-13lbs :emotions122:

so i threw the 9lb springs back in it...kinda left it way open and boost was off the chart, kicked the throttle body into limp mode lol. reset it rolling down the road in limp mode and was fine. closed it a good bit and left it where it made about 11psi.

there was a roll racing event going on didnt really want to go, but it WAS fairly empty when i got there and was hoping to get a few runs in. as i showed up i guess a lambo caught fire maybe? i dunno, wasnt a wreck but had all the staff ******* around with it when i went to tech in. and then it was just **** breaking every 5 passes probably
11psi is where it was on the first and pretty much only run. felt slow but it did do an 11.0@128ish, absolutely ***** a turbo 350z - hope he had probs cause that **** was slow. sat too long, ac didnt want to cool without heating up the coolant, intake temps were 120+ ect was 200*+, kicked the belt off staging - didnt notice and made the run on battery :upyours:.

had a spare belt so i threw it on, said they had the other at the line so i went up to grab it but it was trashed - was hoping it was good so i could send it again and throw that one back on, if i one i put on came off.

second run i had it cooled down pretty good, turned up the controller a little more (found out later to about 17psi) right before it was my go, truck in front of me dumped a bunch of coolant and they ****** around trying to get it prepped for a half hour as im literally at the burnout box i couldnt really keep ac on and cooling so temps and **** were way up. didnt even load it up on the trans brake. from idle made the whole pass at 50% throttle and still put a couple bus lengths on an acula tlx type s or some crap. didnt even grab the time slip.

belts - im going to try a longer belt so the tensioner isnt so close to max'd out - with the belt i have its real close to being max'd out as soon as i put it on. so i grabbed the next 2 sizes up. also grabbed the gates tensioner with a steel pulley - i was hoping to find a pulley with a raised outer edge or something to retain the belt but couldnt find anything.

for the AC im going to grab a pusher fan to throw in front of the condenser. it seems to cool fine moving but idling after its already heat soaked aint worth a crap. will probably space the 40k out further - its seems to be doing great with just it on there for now, i planned on getting an external heat exchanger, 2000+ dodge cummins use one and can grab for about 100bux. and i ordered a turbo blanket and abunch of wrap to do everything under the hood.

fuel pump did great tho! even the off the charts boost reading (22psi+) fuel pressure was good, injector duty cycle was 110% but pressure was good. at 17psi its sitting under 90% so thats about where it needs to stay until bigger injectors

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
first track outing sucked balls

got it back together, pump back in - gave it a couple shots out on the back roads. i changed to the 6lb springs while it was down, thinking it would make 10lbs or so and with the little boost controller i could add up to 20lbs if i wanted. of course with the 6lb springs it was about dead nuts on 6lbs, and wide open on the controller only made like 12-13lbs :emotions122:

so i threw the 9lb springs back in it...kinda left it way open and boost was off the chart, kicked the throttle body into limp mode lol. reset it rolling down the road in limp mode and was fine. closed it a good bit and left it where it made about 11psi.

there was a roll racing event going on didnt really want to go, but it WAS fairly empty when i got there and was hoping to get a few runs in. as i showed up i guess a lambo caught fire maybe? i dunno, wasnt a wreck but had all the staff ******* around with it when i went to tech in. and then it was just **** breaking every 5 passes probably
11psi is where it was on the first and pretty much only run. felt slow but it did do an 11.0@128ish, absolutely ***** a turbo 350z - hope he had probs cause that **** was slow. sat too long, ac didnt want to cool without heating up the coolant, intake temps were 120+ ect was 200*+, kicked the belt off staging - didnt notice and made the run on battery :upyours:.

had a spare belt so i threw it on, said they had the other at the line so i went up to grab it but it was trashed - was hoping it was good so i could send it again and throw that one back on, if i one i put on came off.

second run i had it cooled down pretty good, turned up the controller a little more (found out later to about 17psi) right before it was my go, truck in front of me dumped a bunch of coolant and they ****** around trying to get it prepped for a half hour as im literally at the burnout box i couldnt really keep ac on and cooling so temps and **** were way up. didnt even load it up on the trans brake. from idle made the whole pass at 50% throttle and still put a couple bus lengths on an acula tlx type s or some crap. didnt even grab the time slip.

belts - im going to try a longer belt so the tensioner isnt so close to max'd out - with the belt i have its real close to being max'd out as soon as i put it on. so i grabbed the next 2 sizes up. also grabbed the gates tensioner with a steel pulley - i was hoping to find a pulley with a raised outer edge or something to retain the belt but couldnt find anything.

for the AC im going to grab a pusher fan to throw in front of the condenser. it seems to cool fine moving but idling after its already heat soaked aint worth a crap. will probably space the 40k out further - its seems to be doing great with just it on there for now, i planned on getting an external heat exchanger, 2000+ dodge cummins use one and can grab for about 100bux. and i ordered a turbo blanket and abunch of wrap to do everything under the hood.

fuel pump did great tho! even the off the charts boost reading (22psi+) fuel pressure was good, injector duty cycle was 110% but pressure was good. at 17psi its sitting under 90% so thats about where it needs to stay until bigger injectors
Those Gates green belts are the bomb, forget what they’re called.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k09viper