Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
/\ that is what I always thought, just assumed description of GM pump was wrong.

As for oil pressure now...I beat it pretty bad, after afm delete the towers are left open and just the valley cover has orings but not much support to seal up well (going to tap plugs into each) . Oring on pickup tube looked great and was tight but it's an easy swap why not. I removed the oil galley plug right after the oil pump on side of block and have 4an line going to turbo, it's a thrust bearing style so it should restrict oil flow and allow pressure to build no problem. Plugging pressure relief in pan, and only other major place ol pressure could drop is the cam retaining plate.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
since i'm saving so much money ghetto building this bih...went ahead and ordered (what i hope is) everything i need to go hydroboost. I am not really to sure if this stuff is what i need but its as close to what it should be lol, ive seen a few swaps in gmt900 trucks using 2008-2016 hydroboost parts so hopefully everything will fall right into place. @swathdiver to confirm :anitoof:

pedal - i grabbed off ebay junk yard from a 2012 2500 yukon , 100bux for complete pedal assembly, wasnt sure if i needed something special cause it has adjustable pedals (one i grabbed came with adjustable pedal assembly).
hydroboost unit - for same 2012 2500 yukon- i know i could have found cheaper or bought a reman'd unit but it's brakes not really where i want to cheap out over 100bux.
brake master cyl - for same truck, was different part number than i have not sure if specific to hydro boost or different braking system if i dont need it i'll send it back
hydraulic lines - one from pump to hydroboost, two from hydroboost to steering rack. i may grab a new power steering pump cause cause mine looked all old and ***** - works perfect, will have to T the returns together for now, want to make sure it all works

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol was jk man, i dont know what other vehicle to use for a parts source if not, at the least it should all bolt in place, may have to adapt brake lines or something

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol was jk man, i dont know what other vehicle to use for a parts source if not, at the least it should all bolt in place, may have to adapt brake lines or something

Ok, good! Cause I reckon you know that better than me! I figure everything from the 2500 will work save for a line or two to the rack and pinion unit. Use the 2500s Power Steering Pump.

Here's a 2500s VIN that you can plug in at ACDelco and see what parts you have or might need:

1GKW2REG8CR281063

https://parts-catalog.acdelco.com/catalog/catalog_search.php

I always liked Hybroboost. First encountered it with our '82 Oldsmobile and then the '85 T-Type and I think even the '88 F-450 Super Duty had it too. Only downside we no pedal when the motor died. Good for cams that don't make a lot of vacuum.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea guess I should've looked into it more first, overlooked that the 2500 trucks/suv still used rack and pinion, so going to have to do something to connect to steering rack of 1500. Seems to be hit or miss on 2500 master cylinder matching up to 1500 brake lines some do some dont, have to find correct one.
PS pump I don't think is any different except reservoir has and extra return

Looks like 2012+ is 14mmx1.5 threads for brake lines, so think I need that one

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's different with the pedal and master cylinder? I did a HB conversion on my '02 S10 and everything was plug-and-play with parts from a NBS Suburban. The only non-bolt-on part was the rod length for the pedal, the HB one was about 3/4" longer. Basically just removed the vacuum booster and slid the HB unit in it's place and bolted everything back together. I'd love to swap to HB on my Tahoe but not if I have to replace everything including the 2-year-old master cylinder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Speardog