Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea , same here
electrical contractor for project ive been at for the past year and a half has just gave up it looks like, so i'm "stuck" in my engineers trailer all day.. ok gig though better than being stuck in office

the boredom makes it hard not to order parts

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
close to it was swapped by dealer just before it went out of powertrain warranty (before 60k miles) i pulled it out and did cam shortly after. has a little over 100k now.
commute about 55 miles each way to site im at now, when my other car got totalled i drove this for a few months till i got another adds up quick

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, i bremember now...
tell me about them miles.. i went from 67k to 85k in a blink... 70 miles each way...

Half assedly looking for a new commuter...

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i waited so long cause i was looking for the "right" c6, one finally popped up, price was right, in supersonic blue... went to dealership to buy wandered around lot for like an hour looking for the damn thing. someone beat me to it it was parked out front of the finance dept
went and picked up a plug in hybrid a few days later

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What oil pump you getting?

For reference, if it's even a comparison, my brother's 181K-mile LM7 averaged 20s-30s at hot idle, +/-40s when cruising. With a Melling M295HV swapped to the blue (lower pressure) spring, it stays at 40-45 cruising and hot idles at mid-30s. At 5,000-6,000 RPM, it'll hit ~70s. This is with cheap 10w-30 dino oil. When I first put it back together, I ran 15w-40 Diesel oil in it as part of the internal cleaning. The needle went past 80 at redline. I'm glad I swapped in that blue sprig before closing it all up! I was ready to do the @kbuskill resistor mod if it was gonna have too much pressure.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gm 12612289, says standard volumn/pressure but sposed to be the right one for my truck which should be HV? not to concerned with having 80psi just would like to improve it

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gm 12612289, says standard volumn/pressure but sposed to be the right one for my truck which should be HV? not to concerned with having 80psi just would like to improve it

Who knows?! Melling supplies GM for their oil pumps (or at least they did) and I know the AFM engines got HV pumps. I don't know what OEM number crosses with what Melling number or anything about your 6.2 with VVT. For an engine being raced, I like higher pressures for the upper-RPMs for more "cushioning", so I either shim the stock relief spring or swap out the spring depending on the motor (new, old, etc.). High pressure at any other time is just wasting power. Your original pump should've been fine, so there's gotta be something else for the lower pressures. It shouldn't have all that much wear at that mileage, either. Maybe the VVT engines normally run lower pressures? Just thinking out loud.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali

Latest posts