Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’re about out of room under the hood aren’t you?

getting there...until i relocate battery, holley ecu, move the hydrualic pump and coolant tank over to driverside...turbo kit 2.0 move the turbo over closer to the headlight, better flowing hotside, 5" dp.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
drove it to work....alternator was doin some weird stuff, would start out charging about 15v for about 15-20 mins then drop down to 12.9/12v for a while (after it ran a while and heated up im guessing) if i stopped it would start creeping back up but i went n swapped it out for another. carquest lifetime warranty! actually got it when i was in a bind and didnt want to wait for a acdelco, which i did order and has been sitting in a box for a few months. the acdelco wont work cause the plug sticks out too far and hits the steering shaft joint :banghead: .
not sure if its belt related, as im pretty much just stretching a belt onto it. belt hasnt thrown off since i put the other pulley in it, but there all kinds of belt dust on the alt and blown onto the driver side exhaust manifold. soooo started looking for tensioner solutions again...looks like ICT finally came out with a tensioner/idler set up...looks a little clunky but should keep the belt and alt happy. will prob order next few days.

got some other maintenance items...that passenger side axle has been spittin grease so i ordered another rubber boot one (the thermoplastic boot it just too big and hits the LCA. stuff for limiting straps should be here this week also so going to pull coil over, put in the axle, and get the straps in this weekend prob. going to drop waterbox off to be welded soon as other fitting gets in.

20201214_193820.jpg

icb-551667ewp-1_kk_xl.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
should have a lot of crap delivered tomorrow if everything shows up thats supposed to. put the front end up in the air after got home from work this evening.

pulled passenger side axle, cleaned up all the grease that was thrown around, to swap with new one arriving tomorrow.

pulled coilovers to drill top mounting hole for limiting straps, its going to be pretty much directly inline with the shock so should work, if i want to try and leave them on all the time i'll need a different length strap but ill see how it goes. flipped the bottom bolt around - going to use a grade 8 rod coupler to mount the bottom of the strap to the same bolt. bolt may bend, may break, dunno - only plan on using them at track. i am drilling a hole through the "shock tower" and also through the top coilover bracket - so there's 1/2"+ of steel for the adjusting clevis to sit on

got the other weld bung for water tank - going to drop it off tomorrow.

and the ict billet bracket/tensioner thing should also come tomorrow so i can slap it on - it had a belt length for it with a 105a alt - i ordered a belt 1/2" longer but can prob find one local if i need to

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol fair enough

mostly need to get alt bracket on and find the correct length belt so cant really drive it anyway

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you break an axle or is it just wore out and torn boot?

nah a few weeks back the inner joint came apart and tore the boot up so i needed one then, spreading grease everywhere.

so i grabbed another axle, but the upgraded "HD" comes with a thermoplastic boot, as opposed to rubber. it is a lot tougher, but thicker and had a different band to retain it.

but because im using older 2500 axles (same outer 33 spline) they are physically larger than then 1500 axles. it's so close to the LCA that the only thing that hits is the retaining band, so as it spins it hits the band and spits a little grease. i was hoping it would clearance itself, or just spit as much grease as it was going to spit and be done. before i had drop spindles and i had to cut the upper balljoint threads down to clear the stub

but not the case, it just keeps spitting grease..so i ordered another one with the rubber boot

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts