Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
****. You may have gotten lucky and not hurt anything else. Fingers crossed for you brother

like i said the thing ran to where its parked lol

i think when i first got this engine the timing chain seemed a little loose but they said its not a problem. that was over a year ago now though so prob SOL on that front.

wanted to get it all apart but the fn ati damper kicked my ass today, didnt want to come off i messed with it for hours. tomorrow going to pull the oil pan.

will most likely replace the pickup tube, oil pump, clean up the pan, and flush the oil galley from the filter back to the pump out. i dont know how much of this could have gotten past the oil filter if all of the chunks are about this big. i may grab some cheap oil and do a start up let it get up to temp then drain just to see how much more debris there is after i put it back together.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
like i said the thing ran to where its parked lol

i think when i first got this engine the timing chain seemed a little loose but they said its not a problem. that was over a year ago now though so prob SOL on that front.

wanted to get it all apart but the fn ati damper kicked my ass today, didnt want to come off i messed with it for hours. tomorrow going to pull the oil pan.

will most likely replace the pickup tube, oil pump, clean up the pan, and flush the oil galley from the filter back to the pump out. i dont know how much of this could have gotten past the oil filter if all of the chunks are about this big. i may grab some cheap oil and do a start up let it get up to temp then drain just to see how much more debris there is after i put it back together.

Surely the screen in the pick up tube would’ve stopped the big pieces. Hope for the best

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oil pan off, pickup tube out, oil pump, cam gear all out. ordered new timing set, another undersized chain, new oil pump, new belts, timing chain tensioner, water pump gaskets (already had new oil pan and front cover gaskets), couple oil filters, cheap oil.

cleaned the pan, tube, front cover up... i need to put them on somewhat cause shit wont be here for a couple days and dont want to leave engine opened up

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next item is the timing chain... I already test fit the cam gear and chain on because I wanted to see if it needed a shorter chain before I even got started. And the new chain and cam gear on the old crank gear was 10x tighter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879