Radiator replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sdp1234

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Towing today with my 2004 Denali xl 6.0. Radiator is leaking bad. Had it towed home. A radiator replacement is now required when I return from camping. Should I go with an upgraded radiator while I’m at it? Recommendations?

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would get a new transcooler while your at it. I been looking at getting one for mine. The true cool transcooler look to be very good. An since your towing it will definitely extend the life of your tranny

OP
OP
S

Sdp1234

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I have an aftermarket cooler but not the true cool. Thinking of bypassing the radiator with the trans cooler so I’m not adding the engine heat to the trans. Do the Denali’s have the oil running through the radiator?

bill1013

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you've got the time & money I'd go with the completely metal radiator. The high impact plastic ones always crack along the seam.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I have an aftermarket cooler but not the true cool. Thinking of bypassing the radiator with the trans cooler so I’m not adding the engine heat to the trans. Do the Denali’s have the oil running through the radiator?
I would not do that. In winter the fluid going into the radiator tanks helps bring up the temperature making it more efficient.

Would go stock or Mishimoto and there's another good one someone recently bought and liked... can't remember.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would not do that. In winter the fluid going into the radiator tanks helps bring up the temperature making it more efficient.

Would go stock or Mishimoto and there's another good one someone recently bought and liked... can't remember.
I bought a Coldcase all aluminum radiator for thecopcar. It looks like it’s a fit for the NBS Hoes as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne