Question about the Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tyrell

Reaction score
Thank you. Looks like PN 13545621 is for Tahoe. PN 13529378 is for Yukon....I think?

Last edited:

Motocross338

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the headlight issue as well. I have a 22 Tahoe High Country that was built in February 2022. On our first trip I noticed the headlight icon on during a perfectly sunny day, and as the sun went down, the icon went off and DRLs came on. Carried it to the dealership after researching this and coming across this post (plus I had two warranty repairs needing to be done). They tried giving me the same spill that the headlights were suppose to be on during a perfectly sunny day due to safety reason and that GM engineers confirmed they were working as designed. Because it wasn't giving diagnostic code, they refused to change the sensor, so I told them to change the sensor and bill me for the part and one hour labor. They initially refused to do that because there may be a deeper issue (even though they've told me multiple times that all is working "well"), but finally gave in to billing me for a new sensor. I had even sent the service manager the link to this thread and ask him to read the issues people were having and encouraged him to read the GM owner's manual for Tahoe DRLs because they were working opposite of what the manual states. The dealership delivered my Tahoe to the house this past Monday, and they had replaced the sensor and repaired the warranty issues. I looked over the computer printout to see how much I owed on the sensor replacement, and what do you know, it was covered under warranty. The DRLs work as any DRL system is supposed to work and then the headlights come on when it actually gets dark outside. I guess they felt compelled to file it under warranty sense my "problem" was resolved. Man, common sense is in short supply nowadays.

Morales1995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, replaced the sensor and it is till doing it, dealership is utterly useless. Any thoughts? Lol

DxOCD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry for this stupid question but please confirm my understanding. I think my low beam headlights are also incorrectly on during bright sunlight (switch is set to Auto). A short phone call and description to my local service dept said they are functioning as they are supposed to. I don't think he is correct.

To avoid descriptive errors on my part, here are a couple example pictures to illustrate...

What my headlights look like in bright sunlight:
View attachment 370557

What I believe my headlights (DRLs) are SUPPOSED to look like in bright sunlight:
View attachment 370558
Sensor is bad. Needs to be replaced. You are correct on what it is supposed to look like.

Siems13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm having the same exact issue on my 22 Yukon XL. Build date 3/22. Took it to the dealership this week assuming it was a faulty sensor. Headlamps are always on - even in bright sunlight when the sun is directly hitting the sensor. The DRL are only on if it is extremely overcast. The system clearly isn't functioning as it should. The master service technician claimed that's how the system is designed to function - it's a "safety" feature on the 22's. I said that didn't make any sense. There is zero reason why the headlamps should come on when it's sunny outside. It was raining that day and he couldn't replicate the issue. He said my side-tinted windows could be to blame. Once again, this makes zero sense. The windshield is not tinted and the sun can be hitting the sensor directly through the front windshield with the windows down and the headlamps will still be on. I'm taking it back to the dealership again this week and showing them this thread. Ridiculous they won't replace it on a $75k vehicle with only 2k miles. This is clearly a set of faulty sensors. We'll see what happens when I go back in this week.

Siems13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When I left my office today, the sun was a little lower and the trees were blocking direct sunlight so the Daytime Running Lights came on as they should. As I pulled out of my office and headed down the street where the trees are cleared, the sunlight was able to directly hit my sensor and my headlight indicator on the dash came on. Definitely either a bad sensor or a software issue.
This is literally the same thing that happens to me. Did you ever get any resolution?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beat Ta hoes