Question about the Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only time my DRL are on is when the vehicle is driving in a shaded area. If it is sunny, the headlights are on instead of the DRL.
Pretty sure that's the opposite of how the headlights are supposed to work. Our DRL is always on and never the headlights during the day unless it's really dark cloudy/rainy weather. On a sunny day the headlights are off and when I enter the garage they come on, or vise versa they are on when I start the car and as soon as I back out of the garage the headlights go off and it's DRL only. Kind of the whole point of a having a DRL that is separate from the actual headlights

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure that's the opposite of how the headlights are supposed to work. Our DRL is always on and never the headlights during the day unless it's really dark cloudy/rainy weather. On a sunny day the headlights are off and when I enter the garage they come on, or vise versa they are on when I start the car and as soon as I back out of the garage the headlights go off and it's DRL only. Kind of the whole point of a having a DRL that is separate from the actual headlights
That’s how mine work too, I can’t do a test with the sun, been so crappy in michigan the last 2 weeks we havnt seen the sun LOL

OP
OP
C

callmebob

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I wonder if this is the same sensor that is in the 21s, as I still think it could be software since this seems to be fairly common and, so far, looks to be in the 22s not the 21s and if we have a wide range of build dates, then GM didn't just get a bad batch of sensors at one time. Just to settle some curiosity. Those who are having the issue, what make, year and build date do you have?

Me: 2022 Tahoe RST - Built the week of March 7, 2022.

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting, no issues on my 21 RST. Only thing noticed constantly turn on in minor overpass when sunny. I guess thats how it should work…

OP
OP
C

callmebob

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks like the theme is 2022s built in late Feb to early March so far. So it could just be a bad batch of sensors that were delivered to the factory rather than a software issue.

Yarosuav

Reaction score
Right, that’s what the service dept told me: the sensor has an error code, and needs replacing. Didn’t seem it was a software issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danepfalgout