Question about the Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nick14226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome find. I just ordered one that will be here next week. Love this forum. Hate that I have to screw with this stupid sensor, but great place for help.
Hopefully you get an older serial number and it will work for you too @sanman28

jlgreger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello All! First time GMC owner here and my 22 Denali XL has the same ambient sensor issue. My dealer in Phoenix is absolutely clueless and was not much help as they claimed that the headlights being on during daylight was part of the DRL's. I tried the replacement 13529378 with no luck.

Last edited:

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello All! First time GMC owner here and my 22 Denali XL has the same ambient sensor issue. My dealer in Phoenix is absolutely clueless and was not much help as they claimed that the headlights being on during daylight was part of the DRL's. I tried the replacement 13529378 with no luck.
Go back and take a stand, or go to a different GM dealer (like Chevy or Cadillac). Maybe try the flashlight trick where you shine bright light on it and it turns ON the lights. Then, do not tell them you already replaced the sensor (or put your original one back). Let them document and fix it. Don’t take no for an answer.

Proper operation is what you think it is:
Bright light, DRL on
Dark, Headlights on
Note: turning on Fog Lights turns on Headlights.

sanman28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might have had two bad sensors. I think there is a code also….not sure if it needs cleared or not.

nick14226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Am I crazy that your post initially said you ordered two sensors, one from dealer and one from rockauto, and one of them worked? Maybe post was edited or maybe I'm losing it LOL.

If you want to provide the S/N, or a pic, of the 13529378 should be able to tell if it's an old S/N (good) or newer S/N (bad) sensor.

sanman28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Am I crazy that your post initially said you ordered two sensors, one from dealer and one from rockauto, and one of them worked? Maybe post was edited or maybe I'm losing it LOL.

If you want to provide the S/N, or a pic, of the 13529378 should be able to tell if it's an old S/N (good) or newer S/N (bad) sensor.
He did.

GrahamB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You tried to buy the 13529378 part and couldn't or you tried to replace the original with that part and it didn't work?

GrahamB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just rigged it until the sensors become available. Don't feel like messing with a 90k new truck however annoying it may be and really shouldn't have too.

Attachments

• 4D4981BF-76C5-4B3B-9A1D-5464EEA40B43.jpeg
    4D4981BF-76C5-4B3B-9A1D-5464EEA40B43.jpeg
    179.4 KB · Views: 35

cataylo6

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Long time reader, first time poster. I ordered 13529378 from RA last week, as that post originally suggested, and just swapped out the sensor very easily. All seems to be working fine in the driveway on a sunny day. Lights turn on when covering the sensor and DRLs only when uncovered. This is on a 2022 Z71 Tahoe. Thanks for all the help, this forum has some amazing knowledge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz